DREAMcast Ep 11 – W.A.R

Topic started by Donwun on July 2, 2012. Last post by Donwun 2 years ago.
Post by Donwun (112 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Yes war folks it’s time me and Nuansay drop this heavy load of war-themed anime and movies stuff on your tyro ears…why..why you may ask well mostly because lately I’ve gained an interest in world history and things of such nature so why not share my experiences and thoughts…I mean isn’t that what Xmas is all about sharing and carnage…erm I mean caring……welll yeah…I guess

Anyhow I am sure you guys have all read my recent Barefoot Gen review– well we discuss that a little in this episode as well as two other excellent WWII anime movies. Who’s Left Behind & the famed Grave of the fireflies.

Later in the cast I talk about my personal knowledge (and lack there of) regarding history and how the hell someone as careless as I even became interested in something many people could really give two shits about.

Of course there are tons of honourable mentions which I will list below for those of you who may be interested in some of the things you hear on the podcast.

Also check out the TYROCAST ART COMPETITION HOSTED BY ERIKSBLUE!

Next episode I’ll talk about cuter things like the Muppets and tiny Tim’s adventures on Spill.com

Does’nt that sound like fun…eh…eh…

Anime Honourable Mentions

Zipang – which we strangely forgot to talk about. A great WHAT IF anime about WWII Gundam Universe – Too many to talk about Legend of The Galactic Heroes – Review Coming Soon ROBOTECH / MACROSS - Classic Crest / Banner of The Stars – Pretty Good Hetalia: Axis Powers - Interesting...

Documentaries and other Honourable Mentions

Zeitgeist 1-3 (Watch Online fore free here) – A personal favourite but be warned it may offend The Great War – WWI Documentary World at War – WWII Documentary The Boy With The Striped Pyjama’s – Damn you Nuansay!

Seasons Greetings to All - Send all complaints to Oldboy

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel