Does God exist in Naruto?

Topic started by ManofSteel on Oct. 17, 2011. Last post by sickVisionz 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by ManofSteel (26 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I mean, like an omnipotent deity. Not Nagato or Sage of Six Paths. I ask this because Nagato wonders if "this was the hand of a real God". The Devil could be seen like Juubi, I guess, and the Sage is like a prophet of sorts.

Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I think that it may exist, but like almost all series, will never appear.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@ManofSteel:

The creator is god (Kishimoto) all fiction have gods

Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Destinyheroknight:But I believe that he is asking for a God inside the story, all authors are The God, but he is not asking for that type of god, I think

@Destinyheroknight: I mean metaphysical.

@Levance: You're probably right.

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Pretty sure I haven't heard any thing about a one true god in Naruto. I think they worship multiple deity's and spirits like the Japanese do with the Shinto rather then a Judeo-Christian god.

Post by sickVisionz (4,241 posts) See mini bio Level 24

There are religious temples so at least some of the citizens believe in a higher power.

@Kelleth: Naruto is heavily influenced by the Shinto religion, as evidenced by the deities jutsus have been named after.

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Probably going to go with Kelleth on this one. I think their 'God' in Naruto is a collection of spirits similar to Shinto. Possibly I think that they just have spirits in their wold, that aren't gods. Like the frogs and what not. Then they have a sort of Buddhist thing going on, where there is an energy (chakara) which is cycled through life and death, est, est.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Well they have mentioned "God" in a singular form before in Naruto but it's far more likely that they have divine spirits of sorts instead of actual gods.

ND

Post by sickVisionz (4,241 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Hidan worshiped a deity called Jashin or something like that. I don't think there is a "one true God" that everyone in the series believes in. Like the real world, there are a variety of religions and different people follow different ones.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel