Does Anakin Skywalker have a father ?

Topic started by Alpha_Watcher_3000 on July 4, 2014. Last post by zaldar 3 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Alpha_Watcher_3000 (143 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I just finished watching all of the Star Wars movies, but I was left with one question

in my mind that i couldn't answer

Does Anakin Skywalker have a father ?

And if he does, who is he ?

And is it mentioned in the movies or in the expanded universe ?

Post by Acura_Max (2,374 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Alpha_Watcher_3000: Please keep all non-anime related topics in the off-topic section.

Post by ShinobiX (213 posts) See mini bio Level 9

The Darth Plagueis novel can explain it a bit if you want to read it. Or should I just spill some spoilers?

Edit: Not really much of a spoiler actually.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,174 posts) See mini bio Level 12

My Star Wars fanatic friend suggest Sidious' manipulation of the force may have contributed to it. The guy was powerful.

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I'm sure he did. I chalk up any notion of immaculate conception to mental instability, whether it's someone being flat out crazy and saying nonsense or maybe the mother was raped and blocked the incident from her mind.

Post by ShinobiX (213 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Supreme Marvel said:

My Star Wars fanatic friend suggest Sidious' manipulation of the force may have contributed to it. The guy was powerful.

It was really Plagueis actually. He was experimenting with the midichlorians with the Force to bring a subject he kept back to life after repetitively re-killing him, but also gathering other living creatures and impregnating them with his midichlorian manipulation. And as what I can remember Plagueis never step foot on Tatooine so he's not the father. But really Anakin was made through the Force as George Lucas has stated. Sort of like the Virgin Mary kind of thing.

@sickVisionz said:

I'm sure he did. I chalk up any notion of immaculate conception to mental instability, whether it's someone being flat out crazy and saying nonsense or maybe the mother was raped and blocked the incident from her mind.

lol No that's not the case.

Post by zaldar (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 15

This whole prophecy part of the new movies that he is somehow supposed to fulfill....never made any sense. Even Lucas's explanations didn't help any. He really did loose it with these most recent movies. Selling the franchise to someone else was the best thing he ever did...

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,174 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@zaldar said:

This whole prophecy part of the new movies that he is somehow supposed to fulfill....never made any sense. Even Lucas's explanations didn't help any. He really did loose it with these most recent movies. Selling the franchise to someone else was the best thing he ever did...

I believe he did fulfil the "prophecy". He killed the emperor. Restoring balance to the force.

Post by zaldar (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Supreme Marvel: eh that always seemed like a rather ridiculous interpretation to me as that just set them back to where they were before he unbalanced it, and it was the expectation that it was then balanced to begin with aka before he was born which would mean there wouldn't be a prophecy for one to balance it. Aka if it was balanced before the empire (as it would have to be if destroying the empire put it back in balance) why would they have a prophecy of one to bring balance back...before the empire....

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel