do you talk to yourself?(discuss)

Topic started by Killer_of_trolls on July 21, 2012. Last post by Feral_Nova 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I used to think only fictional characters(like on tv) do that until I found out, not long ago, that some people actually do so, in their mind, and some say with their mouth(thinking out loud).

I never did so, but I found this fascinating.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I tend to think outloud about religion and morality and other arguments I have with people and I guess everybody has a narrative in their head.

@MrASSH0LE: why you think you do it. my uncle does it cause he says it helps him solve problems faster(he is a programmer). and I heard hi do so alot once when we went grocery shopping together.

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I kind of hoped that all the responses in this thread would be from the same person.

No, I don't talk to myself other than the occasional exclamation of surprise or frustration. I tried it once, but five minutes later, I was asleep.

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

sometimes, but not really I do tend to walk around in circles when I need to think.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,230 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Only when I sleeping, that what other people say

Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I do. I think it's because I was an only child so there was never anyone around to punch me in the arm and tell me to shutup. I think of it more as thinking out loud though.

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I have a tendency to thinking aloud a lot, I'm usually pacing around at the same time.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,526 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I'm always having conversations with myself in my head lol. Doesn't everyone do that? I rarely say something out loud though, unless I was speaking to someone.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,661 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I only talk to my self when I'm thinking or when I commit a mistake... rather than that, I don't talk to my self.. :)

Post by Sonata (35,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Elfenlied1012 said:

sometimes, but not really I do tend to walk around in circles when I need to think.

LOL I do that too, I dont realize it at times. I think out loud alot.

I think I might be the only one who doesn't do this. I got so many responses on the other WM sites, as well, and in real life.

Post by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (82 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Sometimes, but only in my head.
Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Only when I feel the need to talk my problems out. It's an old habit that I have, but I describe them as soliloquies for myself. However, I only do it when no one is around. Also, as someone who believes there's a creator, I do feel that when I do this someone is listening to me. I actually even feel at peace. I think of it as self-encouragement.

I know of a lot of people who do this and don't like to admit it, so I know I'm not the only one. Don't be shy ;p

Post by Fat_Magnum (2,493 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Oh lawd, for years I did in my head out of habit (maybe from so much time spent alone?)

Then, rather unexpectedly flipped into a manic episode and without even realizing it I was having conversations with myself out loud and rather freaking my family and others out.

I don't anymore, in my mind or otherwise, aside from thinking out loud upon occasion.

Post by Samimista (178 posts) See mini bio Level 12

In my mind I speak to myself but not out loud. If I did that my family would probably think I'm more crazy than what I really am. xD

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

you mean something like Peter Parker did from the 90s spiderman animated tv serie? LOL

Post by ShrimpDino (77 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I only talk to myself when i'm alone

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11
i talk to myself. its normal too, i mainly talk to myself when im sitting down doing #2
Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Yes i talk to myself ALOT. If i had a fight with somebody i walk around the house in circles and talking to myself like there is somebody else in the room :) you know like:

Me: I think i know why he did it, maybe because of...uhm...argh how to explain...*10 secs later* argh you know what i mean right?

Me: Yeah. Okey

And i do this for hours :) Yes i'm a troubled Individual.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel