Do you like president obama?

Topic started by rein on Sept. 11, 2010. Last post by Guyver 4 years, 3 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Just curious. With his election next year (2012), i was wondering how many people have been happy with what he has done so far and if you will support him (so long as he doesn't screw up to bad from now to then) in his reelection.
Post by Kelleth (7,798 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'm more worried about the nazi from my country then an American president. But that said, i do wish America the best of luck in the following years.
@Kelleth: That is another aspect. Do people (you) like us better now, or when we had Bush?
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
No, I dislike his economic policy, his (illegal) immigration policy, and him keeping (and amping up) certain acts passed by the bush administration which I believe only serve to take away the rights of americans.

I would not support him at all, though I think a mainstream republican would be just as bad. I feel the 2 party system is a shame, it forces people to choose which rich corporate puppet they want to appear to rule them, while the real decisions made by the wealthy people behind the scenes remain the same, whether a dem or the GOP get power.

If I were American I would vote for Ron Paul.
Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@rein:  I think he has done pretty well so far, the economy is slowly getting back to normal.
@hitsusatsu11: Poor ron paul lol
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13
he's alright, i'll probably vote for him
I just realized 2012 will be the first presidential election I'll be able to vote in.
Post by adoggz (210 posts) See mini bio Level 11
no, he was in too many comic books, the sellout ;P
@rein:  I think we do like you guys a bit better now, Without George (can't find the real door) W Bush jr America seems less like a cop nation. But i can't really say anything about the president himself since i know pretty much nothing about American economics. but for the rest in a international sense i can say he's not bad but not anything special either.
@rein said:
" I just realized 2012 will be the first presidential election I'll be able to vote in. "
The world is going to end!!! D: lol
@Kelleth: We can only hope.
Post by Caligula (75 posts) See mini bio Level 11
he is better than what we had
On "cop nation" issue's he basically the same as bush.

Also though Bush had more entertaining speeches.
@hitsusatsu11 said:

" On "cop nation" issue's he basically the same as bush.  Also though Bush had more entertaining speeches. "

A what the hell do you expect me to know, i'm more interested in Dutch and British politics anyway XD
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
well i am going to vote for the tzentechi again

CAN WE CHANGE ? YES WE CAN
@Kelleth: I was not commenting that to you, and I am not american either.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
He's not bad but he is nothing special as well.

ND
@Kelleth: Who's this Dutch Nazi your worried about? From the pic I think hes channeling Herb Bikker.
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
It's harder for me to keep up on him as I don't live in the US anymore, and he is something of a disappointment to me (he's pretty center-right overall, and I'm very left leaning).  That said, he's still worlds better than Bush, or the McCain/Palin option.  He's actually accomplished a few big things, and at least openly opposes torture as opposed to tacit approval from the Bush administration.  The stance he makes on the matter does matter to some degree. 

He's certainly better than the past president or the current alternatives, or the crazy libertarians.  But he's still too center-right for me to really be a huge fan of him as a president.  At least he can actually deliver a speech without making me embarrassed to tell people I used to live in America.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel