Do you have forum dyslexia too?

Topic started by sickVisionz on Jan. 8, 2012. Last post by Jeust 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I am terrible at reading people's names.

• willyvereb became willyweb
  • only about a month ago did I realize FoxxFireArt wasn't FireFoxx
  • It took twitter for me to see that Superevil225 wasn't Supervile225 (although evil and vile are close)

It's interesting how my eyes work when I'm reading forum names. Does anyone else suffer from this?

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

That sort of thing happens to me when I quickly scroll past stuff, but I'll usually scroll back up and realise it wasn't what I thought I saw.

I think I've seen other people think FoxxFireArt is FireFoxArt, so that's not unheard of.

Post by takashichea (10,935 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I called FoxxFireArt "FireFoxxArt" in a PM with him when I was a new wiki editor. He corrected me two times. I still remember that little mix up. Good times.

Post by Sonata (35,164 posts) See mini bio Level 20
We cant forget the classic yet unintentional mistake of Black_Rose saying suckVisionz.:P 

Anyhway if I do read through something quick I get crossed-eyed and mess up someones name. The forums also revealed to me that I have multiple personalities:P
Post by Bigheart711 (3,695 posts) See mini bio Level 21

It's also happened with me sometimes. I still remember getting poor Willyvereb and Halberdiev2's usernames mixed up in the past. :p

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@takashichea said:

I called FoxxFireArt "FireFoxxArt" in a PM.

I found myself accidentally calling him that by accident on several occasions. He corrected me on each occasion and after three times, I finally got over my blunders.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

People have this awesome problem with my name that they bring the "s" before the "h".

So, MohsinMan99 becomes MoshinMan99. What's annoying is that every single person makes this mistake the first time...then most of them do it again on being corrected deliberately to piss me off.

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I though FoxxFireArt was FireFoxxArt and Taka was Tacoshita at first glance.

Post by takashichea (10,935 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Superevil225 said:

I though FoxxFireArt was FireFoxxArt and Taka was Tacoshita at first glance.

Are you referring me as Tacoshita? :)

Edit:

That could be a good pen name.

@ShadowKnight508 said:

@takashichea said:

I called FoxxFireArt "FireFoxxArt" in a PM.

I found myself accidentally calling him that by accident on several occasions. He corrected me on each occasion and after three times, I finally got over my blunders.

I think I mess up because of his name is so closely related to Mozilla Fire Fox.

Oh yes, I remember calling BigHeart711, BigHeart911. I have no idea why.

Edit:

I misspelled Hailinel because the "i" and "l" gets mixed up.

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Bigheart711 said:

It's also happened with me sometimes. I still remember getting poor Willyvereb and Halberdiev2's usernames mixed up in the past. :p

I just now realized that his/her name isn't Halibelv2.

I think I see the first letters one or two in the middle and my mind makes me see whatever I'd look to for the rest of it. Especially on this site where I assume "oh, it's from an anime" and whatever character I can think of that has a similar name structure becomes the username I'm looking at.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,171 posts) See mini bio Level 21

It seem like I have dyslexia on my own name

When I log in on a different computer, I always forget the K (Destinyheronight)

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

All the time. "MoshiMan99" "sickVisions" "Superevil255" "soty-something-something". "Dream" and "MisterX" are on the short is of ones I don't have problems with.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,695 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea: Yeah, I also got poor Hailinel's name mixed up too. The "Bigheart911" thing was actually hilarious, even though it was unintentional.

Post by NectariaKiritsi (101 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I have made a mistake with Obsidian609's name. I called him Obsidians and I fixed his name in one of my blogs.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

The one that I clearly remember was when I thought Superevil225 was Superville225. Lol and after it dawned on me that I was wrong, I felt like a total idiot XD

Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Oh yeah! I used to think sotyfan16 was soytufan16...

The funny thing about that is that since I'm Mexican I automatically read it in Spanish and "Soy tu fan" (or soytufan) means "I'm your fan". It wasn't until the Roundtables that I realized I was reading it wrong.

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I honestly make the same mistakes all the time

Post by finaldasa (46 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Quite often actually, especially when I'm not paying 100% attention and just skim.

Post by Jeust (44 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@finaldasa said:

Quite often actually, especially when I'm not paying 100% attention and just skim.

Pretty much this. I think it is connected to how people see, and understand at high velocity.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel