Cosplay: what the heck?

Topic started by jewl122 on July 17, 2010. Last post by KaosAngel 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by jewl122 (326 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Okay, I was just board looking for something to do and I noticed something I had never been to and I clicked on the icon and what the heck popped up? Half- naked woman. Since I really and have no idea what the heck cosplay is exactly, I am going to just geuss what the heck it is and maybe, just maybe someone would give me the answer. 
Cosplay: A buisness in Japan where woman dress up as anime characters and pose for magizines where men, who have - problems  (cough,cough if ya no wat i meen) can look at them and fantasize about - what ever they think about.
And if ya ask me, that is sick. Eww, you wanna go look at that, get married or something.
Post by Kas (1,178 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Cosplay can also be fun for some people and children included by dressing as your favorite character. It's not necessarily that most of time.

Are you sure..... Because every time i clicked on it half-nude people popped up and that is really wierd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do men look at that stuff ? Can't they get married or something.
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@jewl122:  It seems to me your jumping to conclusions that all men look at it based on the women being half naked. People cosplay because they enjoy it. Most anime women wear skimpy clothes of some sort. It's not just women who cosplay but also men. It's fun.

I do not hate men and all I just really have no idea why guys look at that. But there are some men who do not. So that is okay.
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@jewl122: ...  guys cosplay as their  faviourite character to I see nothing wrong with cosplaying.
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I take pictures of cosplayers all the time.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I always ask "Can I take your picture."  Most the time they say yes and that's the end of it.  I do have to say sometimes you well get some real creeps that ruined it for anyone else.  Case it point. 

I found this picture on the internet. 

I don't know why you would take it that far.  All your doing to do is drive out all the cute cosplayers out and they well just do to the con has themselfs. 

People like that are a bit too much.   

I hear storys for cosplayers that guys well crab them and tounch them.  What are these guys thinking.  Hands off.
@N15PCA: yeah agree with you
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,755 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@jewl122:  I did Cosplay! I Cosplayed of Chopper of One Piece.... 
I cosplayed of Zoro of One Piece 
Juugo from Naruto 
And now I'm going to do a Totoro Cosplay (With umbrella included) 
@N15PCA said:
"
I take pictures of cosplayers all the time.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I always ask "Can I take your picture."  Most the time they say yes and that's the end of it.  I do have to say sometimes you well get some real creeps that ruined it for anyone else.  Case it point. 

I don't know why you would take it that far.  All your doing to do is drive out all the cute cosplayers out and they well just do to the con has themselfs.  People like that are a bit too much.    I hear storys for cosplayers that guys well crab them and tounch them.  What are these guys thinking.  Hands off. "
dude i have NO clue what you are talking about......... geez,i do not know everything. JAK!!!!
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@jewl122 said:
"
Okay, I was just board looking for something to do and I noticed something I had never been to and I clicked on the icon and what the heck popped up? Half- naked woman. Since I really and have no idea what the heck cosplay is exactly, I am going to just geuss what the heck it is and maybe, just maybe someone would give me the answer. 
Cosplay: A buisness in Japan where woman dress up as anime characters and pose for magizines where men, who have - problems  (cough,cough if ya no wat i meen) can look at them and fantasize about - what ever they think about.
And if ya ask me, that is sick. Eww, you wanna go look at that, get married or something. "
erm married men dont just stop fantasizing about other women you know. Looking at the sexier cosplay pics is just fantasy. its harmless at the end of the day.

My all powerful Tony Tony Chopper Cosplay (Made in two days) 
Cosplay is the abreviatture of Costume Play, a trend that appeared in Japan of people disguising as anime characters they liked, since then it became a worldwide otaku trend and usually in the conventions are Cosplay tournament (There exist even a world cup) some people make living out of cosplay, in Argentina one of the biggest cosplayers is a girl that started with a lame naruko(Female Naruto) cosplay   

When I was younger and thinner with Naru-gal beside me... 

and evolved to this....  

Same girl, much more cooler cosplay (Longer Nails, teeht and contact lenses)  

From that to that, and she became one of the most succesfull cosplayers, mostly 'couse she is creative and use cosplay that nobody does, like Samurai Naruto from Shippuden ending, and yaoi (Yuri really but you know what I mean) between her and a sasuke cosplayer, or almost any variation of Naruto, this cosplay is the secondary cosplay (The best one was unfinished)  

In the cosplay tournament usually you know who is going to win even before getting up the stage 
A quick guide: 
If a chibi cosplay is awesome (A little child) he/she wins period... 
If a sexy Cosplay is awesome (and she shows more skin than any other girl) she wins period 
If an awesome cosplay (Generally a very difficult one) is awesome he/she wins... (A guy I know made a cosplay of Nero of DMC 4 with a full sounding sword with the motorcycle grip working) 
Cuteness and nostalgia only win second place.....  
 Fan service and Epic epicness win first place..... 

Sob... I going this Saturday with a Cosplay of Totoro nad I dont know if I can win something.... (If I get second place I could get a PSP or a DS!)
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Kuma_From_Argentina: I envy you for wearing that awesome chopper suit
@Nerx:  I sweated three kilos that day (I weighted 100 at the morning and 97 at night) 
 I suffered severe deshydration, my skin was similar to a dry river bank.... 
I almost collapsed several times and I didnt win anything 'couse a Pen Pen Won over me.....
@jewl122 said:
"@N15PCA said:
"

I don't know why you would take it that far.  All your doing to do is drive out all the cute cosplayers out and they well just do to the con has themselfs.  People like that are a bit too much.    I hear storys for cosplayers that guys well crab them and tounch them.  What are these guys thinking.  Hands off. "
dude i have NO clue what you are talking about......... geez,i do not know everything. JAX!!!! "

You were talking about how males like to look at cosplay and was showing you some people take it too far.   

no, i meant....., for get it.
@jewl122 said:

"no, i meant....., for get it. "

Were you talking about doing a line from Dexter and Jak video games.  I don't play those games.
@Kuma_From_Argentina said:
"
Cosplay is the abreviatture of Costume Play, a trend that appeared in Japan of people disguising as anime characters they liked, since then it became a worldwide otaku trend and usually in the conventions are Cosplay tournament (There exist even a world cup) some people make living out of cosplay, in Argentina one of the biggest cosplayers is a girl that started with a lame naruko(Female Naruto) cosplay   

and evolved to this....  

From that to that, and she became one of the most succesfull cosplayers, mostly 'couse she is creative and use cosplay that nobody does, like Samurai Naruto from Shippuden ending, and yaoi (Yuri really but you know what I mean) between her and a sasuke cosplayer, or almost any variation of Naruto, this cosplay is the secondary cosplay (The best one was unfinished)   In the cosplay tournament usually you know who is going to win even before getting up the stage A quick guide: If a chibi cosplay is awesome (A little child) he/she wins period... If a sexy Cosplay is awesome (and she shows more skin than any other girl) she wins period If an awesome cosplay (Generally a very difficult one) is awesome he/she wins... (A guy I know made a cosplay of Nero of DMC 4 with a full sounding sword with the motorcycle grip working) Cuteness and nostalgia only win second place.....   Fan service and Epic epicness win first place.....  Sob... I going this Saturday with a Cosplay of Totoro nad I dont know if I can win something.... (If I get second place I could get a PSP or a DS!) "

you look really awesome in that tie. 

just saying.you look different from what i thought you did.

awesome that  nine tailed fox cosplay looks win
Post by MrDirector786 (4,504 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Cosplay can be cool if people actually put effort into their costumes.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel