Comic Book Club

Topic started by Supreme Marvel on Sept. 11, 2013. Last post by KingOfAsh 1 week, 4 days ago.
Post by GokaiRed (158 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Supreme Marvel: I wish

After the Constantine movie and MoS I have very little faith of a decent adaptation, the series will be watered down to hell, i know it :'(

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,051 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@GokaiRed: Read that this morning. lol

Thought I'd post my favourite image of the week. Possible month.

Richard Dragon kicking arse!
Richard Dragon kicking arse!

I agree with that reasoning.

I feel the same way. I didn't want Lois and Clark to hook up soon because I'd rather him explore things with other characters. Same with other characters.

I get that but it ruins much of the development of other characters, it just diminishes and demeans the remaining meaningful relationships, it's either rocky marriages or the frequent booty call. ¬.¬

We know it'll eventually get there. And who knows, maybe there might be a new character that could develop a relationship with an old character. I think half the women with these people are only there for the marriage side anyway. You can only find new ways to develop other characters. Iris apparently had Flash abilities or something. Lois has been promoted to a higher position in her work, higher than she had previously had in the pre-52.

Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Finally bought some comics for the first time in a while. I have no real clue what is going on in both DC and Marvel now.

@Sonata:

Doesn't matter. Go by Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow. Start with issue 17. The ones before don't matter.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

My favorites are Superman, Captain America, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Raven, Captain Marvel

As soon as I start my new Job i'm getting this

It's a long time coming

And there's a new Loki book on the way, he's aged apparently from being 12ish

The 3rd Batgirl and unofficial Robin, Stephanie Brown is coming back.

I was hoping she'd return in a Tim Drake book. Hopefully not far into the future. Not a Batman book.

Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Sonata:

Doesn't matter. Go by Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow. Start with issue 17. The ones before don't matter.

Awesome I'll be sure to check it out:)

Post by Reincrystal (42 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Hello, I'm rein and im a Dr.Strangeaholic. Unfortunately, he isn't that stable a character (comic wise) so meh.

@Supreme Marvel: Are british comics really artsy? It seems like they would be something like neil gaimans works except in visual format.

@Reincrystal:

This is British comics

The Dandy is the third longest running comic strip behind Detective Comics and another one.

Beano has sold over 3500 comics.

If you're looking for America type comics here, don't. That's why all the British writers work for American comic companies.

Please! These are British comics!!

Forgot about 2000AD.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel