Comic Book Club

Topic started by Supreme Marvel on Sept. 11, 2013. Last post by Supreme Marvel 2 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by GokaiRed (160 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Almost forgot about Morrison had plans for her, with Batman being in the new Superman movie they trying to raise WW profile a little. Apparently the writer of Chronicle is pitch a Wondy movie to WB

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,176 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Yeah I heard. And a Goth Kyle Rayner. Not liking that idea at all.

Post by Sonata (35,521 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: LOL gender bending, you are trying to tease my twisted imagination Taka:P

@Supreme Marvel said:

@takashichea said:

@taichokage:

Thanks! It was yesterday. It was pretty surprising when I logged in like usual. This mod quest pop up. I was like "No way, are you kidding me!" Though, I still got to learn from the master, . I'm his Robin or Bat Girl if we're gender bending.

Don't tell Sonata. But if you're Tim Drake Robin, then I see you being the potentially best of all mods. ;P

LOL Taka has been kicking butt the last 24 hours as a mod. So he is already on the path XD

Post by takashichea (13,235 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I just read the first chapter, Batman/Huntress: Cry For Blood. Haven't had time to read more chapters during the semester with school and wiki projects. It was pretty heavy exposition. Since I didn't know Huntress well, it was pretty good for me.

I enjoyed the Huntress early in the Robin issues. She joins him a lot. He even finds out her true identity. She comment to Tim saying "isn't it a school night?" And he replies "Yes. Shouldn't you be getting ready to teach." "Smart Arse!"

She wa also solving some cases. She had them on her desk. He was in her home when she returned from a night duty. Tim had already solved them for her.

Fucking love Tim. She even called him a few times for help, knowing, at the time, Batman wouldn't help her.

The Nu52 ruined Tim for me, World's Finest with Earth 2 Huntress and Power Girl is good though.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Supreme Marvel said:

I enjoy Vertigo. Although I would like to read more of their books.

Which ones have you read? I'm reading The Sandman, Fables, Saga of the Swamp Thing, Preacher & Transmetropolitan. As well as the Alan Moore comes (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The LEague of Extraordinary Gentlemen). I mean to read 100 Bullets sometime soon.

Post by takashichea (13,235 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Supreme Marvel:

You should recommend me some good comic books about Tim Drake.

@KingOfAsh said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

I enjoy Vertigo. Although I would like to read more of their books.

Which ones have you read? I'm reading The Sandman, Fables, Saga of the Swamp Thing, Preacher & Transmetropolitan. As well as the Alan Moore comes (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The LEague of Extraordinary Gentlemen). I mean to read 100 Bullets sometime soon.

Well Sandman and Watchmen were under DC at the time. Sandman paved the way for the existence of Vertigo.

I've some Madame Xanadu, written by Matt Wanger and artists by Amy Reeder Hadley. Seriously, she is amazing artist. DC should be using her a lot. Some of the covers. Interior is the same.

I've read some Hellblazer. I've also read some random stuff. I just can't think of the titles. Some Lucifer. Grant Morrison's Joe the Barbarian. It's hard thinking of the titles. I'll see a Vertigo icon on the book, read it and forget about it.

I think am thinking of some IMAGE titles as well :/

I've not read, but I do want get into reading Fables. Big Bill Willingham fan. He also wrote Day of Vengeance which was a tie-in to Infinite Crisis. Spectre on a rampage and Captain Marvel had a massive show-down with him. Amazing! Oh, and one of my favourite reads: Books of Magic. I have the hardcover edition that recently came out a few months ago. I wanna read Brian K. Vaughan's Y-Last Man. SO many I want to read from them.

@takashichea: Red the whole Red Robin series, the Robin Unmasked trade.

For classic stuff read these

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/11/03/the-greatest-robinred-robin-stories-ever-told/

@GokaiRed said:

The Nu52 ruined Tim for me, World's Finest with Earth 2 Huntress and Power Girl is good though.

Yeah, I stopped reading Teen Titans. I'm not a fan of Lobdell. I stopped reading anything he wrote including his Superman stuff which pains me to do. I would love to be able to write a Red Robin series. I know the type of direction I'd go. I'd like to bring a mystical vibe to him. Involving some magical elements. You don't really have that in the Baterse. He'd call Zatanna and it'll be done. Maybe get some lessons from John Constantine. Be awesome!

@takashichea said:

@Supreme Marvel:

You should recommend me some good comic books about Tim Drake.

Robin: A Hero Reborn This is the first mini-series of Robin. He has 2 more after this, then his main series.

After being deemed worthy by Batman to become the new Robin, Tim Drake sets off for France to study specialized fighting techniques under an ancient master.

Johns' run on Teen Titans (volume 3), anything after that is pure shit. It'll give you an insight into other character you might like. Bart Allen - Impulse/Kid Flash, Superboy, Beast Boy, along with Tim were all in my top 7 characters. Now Tim is the only one in the top 7. Maybe Bart might be in there.

Contagion.

A lethal virus has been released on the unknowing inhabitants of Gotham City, causing excruciating pain and ultimate death within 48 hours. Batman races to contain the chaos and find a cure, with help from Robin, Nightwing, Azrael, Huntress, Catwoman and Poison Ivy.

Brotherhood of the Fist (5 issue crossover: Green Arrow #134; Detective Comics #723; Robin #55; Nightwing #23; Green Arrow #135)

Connor Hawke teams up with Batman, Nightwing, and Robin to face the mysterious Silver Monkey.

War Games (3 act major Batman cross-over ACT ONE, ACT TWO, ACT THREE.)

Fresh Blood

A thrilling new collection featuring ROBIN #132-133 and BATGIRL #58-59! After relocating to Blüdhaven, two of Gotham's youngest heroes must face Nightwing's enemy Shrike and their old foe, the Penguin.

Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul

Batman's immortal foe, Ra's Al Ghul, should be dead at last — so how has he returned to haunt The Dark Knight? Ra's al Ghul is back…but what does his return have to do with Batman's teenaged son, Damian — whose mother is Ra's al Ghul's daughter, Talia? It will take the combined skills of Batman, Robin and Nightwing to get to the bottom of these mysteries and stop Ra's al Ghul's insidious plans!

Robin: Search for a Hero

The Boy Wonder attempts to deal with the fallout from "Batman: R.I.P." With Batman gone from Gotham City, Robin must stop the gang warfare that threatens to overrun the city. And what does the mysterious Red Robin have to do with the situation?

Red Robin. All 26 issues:-

The Grail

Collision

The Hit List

Seven Days of Death

I'm sure I'm missing things but, this is what I can think of.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Added everyone's favourite characters to the main post, including my own :)

@Supreme Marvel: Wow! Nice art style!

My favourite characters would be Spider Jerusalem, Lucifer Morningstar, Swamp Thing and... that's all I can think of for the moment.

Post by Sonata (35,521 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Daniel_Newton: Nice, I should add the rest I love to my list later.

@GokaiRed: My God I should hug you! you Love the Spirit so do I along with Dick Tracy.

@KingOfAsh: That was what I could find on the net. I'd rather show you better images. When I find them, I'll post them.

Another one I remember reading was some Timothy Hunter stuff.

@Sonata said:

@GokaiRed: My God I should hug you! you Love the Spirit so do I along with Dick Tracy.

I do, I have none of the older stuff but i have the 90s Kitchen Sink mini, and most of the 2 DC series.

Anyone read European/British comics? I've only read 3; Asterixs, Dan Dare and The Incal.

@KingOfAsh: Not for years, me my dad and my brother collected UK editions of Marvel stuff, I still have a few of the Old Transformers stuff, I also have my Sonic the Comic anthology mags (Super Sonic was evil :P)

Anyway, you should try the 2000AD stuff, besides Judge Dread there's usually new ideas every week and there always good. :)

P.S. they ruined Lobo so bad :'(

@KingOfAsh: Although I am English, I've never collected an English/British comic. I consider most of the best written comic works to be from British writers though. :P

@GokaiRed said:

My Fav Comicbook heroes are

John Constantine. A truly british git, i love it. Stories about sorcery and occult usually interest me

You might be happy to know that he's getting a TV Series. http://m.deadline.com/2013/09/dc-comics-constantine-daniel-cerone-david-goyer-nbc-warner-bros-tv/

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel