Comic Book Club

Topic started by Supreme Marvel on Sept. 11, 2013. Last post by Supreme Marvel 2 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,174 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Welcome to the Comic Book Club!
Here you can chat about anything and everything to do with comic books!

Favorite Characters

UserCharacters
SonataSpider-Man, Deadpool, Captain Marvel (Marvel), Batman, Vampirella, Batwoman, Fantomex, Luke Cage, Cloak & Dagger, The Spirit, Dick Tracy
takashicheaBatman, Spider-Man
taichokageThor, Silver Surfer, Wolverine, Superman, Iron Man, Thanos, Dr. Doom
Supreme MarvelSuperman, Captain Marvel/Shazam, Tim Drake, Kyle Rayner, Daredevil, Cassandra Cain, Guy Gardner, Bart Allen, Garfield Logan, Superboy
GokaiRedMiguel O'hara, Batman, John Constantine, Etrigan, Lobo, Shade the Changingman, Jack Knight, The Spirit, V
Daniel NewtonBatman, Spider-Man, Superman, Raven, Wolverine
KingOfAshPickle Inspector, Problem Sleuth, Spider Jerusalem, Lucifer Morningstar, Swamp Thing, Cassidy
BraxckloffSlade, Thanos, Spider-Man, Ultron, Deadpool
ErikWonder Woman, Ultimate Captain America, Wolverine, Invincible, and Superman
Amanda Conner, Frank Cho, Ed Benes, Mike Choi, and Jim Lee
SexyMercBatman, Deathstroke, Joker, Wolverine, Captain America, and Boba Fett
GuyverSpider-Man, Batman, Captain America, Wolverine, Leonardo (TMNT), Superman, X-23, Catwoman, Ghost Rider, Blue Beetle
Whats_out_the_bagHulk, Blade, Thor, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Galactus, Thanos, Doom,Joker, Mikey (TMNT), Wolverine, and Spawn.

Let's get the ball rolling.

Do any of you have a favourite comic book character(s)?

Please, we'd like to hear why they are your favourite if you'd like to tell us.

Do you have a favourite comic book writer and/or artist?

Post by Sonata (35,506 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I have a ton of favorite characters, but I I had to pick one I would go with Spider-Man. Love 70's 80's and early 90's stories to me it was the best era for Spidey.

Maybe one was restricting people. Top 5 or 10 characters. Good or bad.

Post by takashichea (13,104 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I can't decide between Batman and Spiderman. Both characters were my role models and inspirations back when I was a kid. Loved their animated cartoons.

As for authors, I started reading my first comic book at Comixology back in late August 2013.

My first book was Injustice Among Us when I recalled talking about it on Twitter. I didn't realized it was the prequel for a video game. My 2nd comic book was about Huntress. I chose it because I was curious about her.

Edit:

I meant to say I don't have a favorite comic book writer yet. Need to read more comic books.

Post by taichokage (14,132 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I have 3 favorite comic heroes all from Marvel. In no particular order 1. Thor (in case people haven't noticed) 2. Silver Surfer (was my favorite ever, now I can't decide between him, the forementioned and next mentioned character) 3. Wolverine (favorite street leveler). To make it top 5 id probably have to say Superman and Ironman at 4 & 5 Supes because he is a legend and Ironman because he's a mix of brains, power, wealth and charisma. My favorite villains would probably be Thanos and Dr Doom but a ton of honorable mentions.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Anyone reading Transmetropolitan?

Some cool choices people have picked.

Mine are

1. Clark Kent/Superman
  2. Billy Batson/Captain Marvel/Shazam
  3. Tim Drake/Robin/Red Robin
  4. Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern/ION
  5. Matthew Murdock/Daredevil
  6. Cassandra Cain/Batgirl/Black Bat
  7. Guy Gardner/Green Lantern
  8. Bart Allen/Impulse/Kid Flash
  9. Gafield Logan/Beast Boy/Changeling
  10. Connor Kent/Superboy
Post by KingOfAsh (1,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15

A Fables game from Telltale (The Waling Dead) is coming out next year. Also Neil Gaimen will soon be doing some more Sandman.

Any other Vertigo fans here?

Post by GokaiRed (160 posts) See mini bio Level 7

My Fav Comicbook heroes are

Miguel O'hara/Spider-man. He's my favourite iteration of Spider-man since the 90s

Bruce wayne/Batman. It's obvious

John Constantine. A truly british git, i love it. Stories about sorcery and occult usually interest me

Etrigan, the Demon. He rhymes

Lobo. He's unremorsefully terrible, he's not even evil he's just a horrible creature and proud of it. He parodied all the crap that was going on in the 90s and it was done well

Shade the Changingman. A very psychedelic character and comic

Jack Knight/Star Man. The comic was one of the greatest series DC has ever published

The Spirit. It's a Will Eisner classic, crime noir with a little bit of goofiness

V. V for Vendetta is one of my all time favourite comics

I think i have 25 issues of Transmetropolitan and the last 3 issues, I have the #1 signed by the author somewhere.

Oh yeah, heavy Vertigo fan here, i have most of Sandman, Hellblazer and a bunch of others. I'm reading a bunch ATM. Wonder Woman, Injustice, Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Sonic the Hedgehog, Street Fighter. There's a series called The Stuff of Legend, which is essentially Toy Story with the bogeyman :)

@Supreme Marvel:

Oh yeah, I forgot to pin this. Time to replace that old comic book discussion thread.

I enjoy Vertigo. Although I would like to read more of their books.

Post by taichokage (14,132 posts) See mini bio Level 20
0_o Takashichea! You got modded! You certainly deserve it.

@taichokage:

Thanks! It was yesterday. It was pretty surprising when I logged in like usual. This mod quest pop up. I was like "No way, are you kidding me!" Though, I still got to learn from the master, . I'm his Robin or Bat Girl if we're gender bending.

@takashichea said:

@taichokage:

Thanks! It was yesterday. It was pretty surprising when I logged in like usual. This mod quest pop up. I was like "No way, are you kidding me!" Though, I still got to learn from the master, . I'm his Robin or Bat Girl if we're gender bending.

Don't tell Sonata. But if you're Tim Drake Robin, then I see you being the potentially best of all mods. ;P

Most of the Vertigo stuff from the 90s was gold, I wish i could remember half of the :P

@GokaiRed: British invasion an all. :D Go Brits!

Pre-52 I was reading so many titles of DC. Now, I'm just reading 1 and back-issues. That 1 title is Green Arrow. Lemire and Sorrentino are doing beautiful work. I moved over to that after I, Vampire was cancelled.

GA and I,V are/where great, the visual style in GA works exceptionally well with the story. I was Buying Batman till the Nu52, it's really just not the same :( Wonder Woman has had it's best run in years, many diehards are a little weary that she isn't doing Superhero stuff but the overall quality is there. It's Funny, the archery books are "all the rage" now :P

Totally agree. I've tried and tried reading WW stuff, never get passed issues 7. Even Perez's run. I did enjoy it. Just couldn't get into the character. I'm only a issue or two away from Orion's entrance in the new WW. I've really enjoyed it. I can't wait for Grant Morrison's The Trial of Wonder Woman graphic novel to come out.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel