Children caught roasting puppies over an open fire

Topic started by Exillion on Feb. 26, 2009. Last post by Nerx 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Exillion (103 posts) See mini bio Level 3
A gang of youths seized the seven-week-old puppies last Friday and began to slowly roast the brother-and-sister pair over a bonfire.

The pups struggled to escape their captors and yelped in distress as their fur began to burn, British newspaper the Daily Mail reports.

The horrifying cruelty, which unfolded on a canal bank in Greater Manchester, northwest England, came to an end only when passerby Melanie Johnson noticed the commotion, ran over and ordered the youths to release the puppies.

She said the youths were aged in their early teens but that some were as young as ten.

"I was ripping mad and still am to think that anyone — least of all children — could do this," Ms Johnson was quoted as saying.

"If I hadn't turned up, I think they would have burned the dogs alive."

The 32-year-old local resident carried the two puppies home with her, wrapped them in a towel and contacted the RSPCA.

A RSCPA shelter manager said the cross-breed pups still smelled of smoke when they arrived — the fur on one was singed and the other had a small hernia — but that they generally were in good health.

The male pup has been named Guy and his sister Cinders. "Everyone here has fallen in love with them," the shelter manager was quoted saying.

The puppies will go to a new shelter to be re-homed. No arrests have been made over the bonfire incident.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/741...asting-puppies

Post by Pepper (2,496 posts) See mini bio Level 11
wow thats horrrendus
Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Thats sad what would possess those kids to do such a thing.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Oh my gosh. Who in their right minds would do such a cruel thing!?

It's like those guys who posted that youtube video (that's been taken down) of torturing a cat.

I worry about the next generation of kids... -_- These children are the future world leaders, the future doctors, the future... well everything. This sickens me.
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Not the first time something bad like that has happened over here.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
The fuck? What are kids these days learning?
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 8
WHAT THE FUCK MAN! (yelled as loud as I fucking can)
There is only one reason this should be done and that is if you are starving to death and there is nothing else to eat.. Other than that somebody needs to beat their kids.
Black_Rose said:
"The fuck? What are kids these days learning?
"
Nothing and kids like this have done much worse which is a sad fact.
Acer said:
"Black_Rose said:
"
"
They are the future leaders of the world sadly:(
Sonata said:
"Acer said:
"Black_Rose said:
"
"
They are the future leaders of the world sadly:(
"
No there not, there kids who will do nothing with there lives.
I think I'm about to contradict my previous post on here but who cares. XD

The thing is, the future looks bleak. But it always looks bleak and you know why? News sources like this one only highlights "bad" things to garter attention.
Do we usually see the charitable acts of people who do thinks just out of the goodness of our hearts? Rarely, the only exceptions are those that "WOW" us because it's amazingly difficult to do some saintly act they do or there was some type of "miracle" involved from this charitable act.

I still worry about the future generation regardless of this thinking.
RedRoses said:
"I think I'm about to contradict my previous post on here but who cares. XD

The thing is, the future looks bleak. But it always looks bleak and you know why? News sources like this one only highlights "bad" things to garter attention.
Do we usually see the charitable acts of people who do thinks just out of the goodness of our hearts? Rarely, the only exceptions are those that "WOW" us because it's amazingly difficult to do some saintly act they do or there was some type of "miracle" involved from this charitable act.

I still worry about the future generation regardless of this thinking.
"
I agree, the news only shows the bad and never the good its why i dont watch the news or read it.

The future generations may look bad but there ae still good kids out there who will make a difference just the bad seems to be outwiighing the good.
Acer said:
I agree, the news only shows the bad and never the good its why i dont watch the news or read it.

The future generations may look bad but there ae still good kids out there who will make a difference just the bad seems to be outwiighing the good.
"
The thing is that we see so much stupidity such as this article, it's a bit disheartening to think perhaps they can levitate this behavior to other human beings and thus try to terminate the "good" people. If there are more and more unstable individuals that there is a mass number of them, they can out do any type of wit and intelligence good kids have and just garner some type of mob mentality and take over practically everything.

I think I'm a bit overboard but that's just me contemplating potential future stuff.
The future looks pretty bleak IMO
Sonata said:
"The future looks pretty bleak IMO
"
Then we must change it xP
Acer said:
"Sonata said:
"
"
"The power is YOURS!"
*starts singing Captain Planet theme song*

[/dorky moment]
RedRoses said:
"Acer said:
"Sonata said:
"
"
"The power is YOURS!"

[/dorky moment]
"
lol dont worry I have those all the timeXD
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 8
The future is not bleak nor is it decided. The future remains in a quantum state. All possibility's remain open. It is tell we observed and make our choices that an outcome will be selected form all other possibility's.
The news focuses on bad subject because it gets them rating. I can respect that.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
MoonStorm said:
The future is not bleak nor is it decided. 
Nah, we're all fucked.
Sonata said:
"RedRoses said:
"Acer said:
"Sonata said:
"
"
"The power is YOURS!"

[/dorky moment]
"
lol dont worry I have those all the timeXD
"
ME TO ^_^
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel