CHANGE OF PLANS maggnoriyions new future!!!!

Topic started by lordhaseo on April 28, 2009. Last post by lordhaseo 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
since im getting more complants about my grammer, then about whats it about, ive desided to tearn it into a manga, or chapter manga and ask my firend "DOOM" to ilastrate it for me, and if i make a manga,manga out of it, i got the uper hand is some ways, still its a long way off so pease no more coplaning on my spelling k, its depressing!!!!!
Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4
If you think it's depressing for YOU...
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
We aren't complaining per say. We're just pointing it out that if you want to be taken professionally, you have to work on your grammar and spelling. If you were to be serious about your project, you HAVE to have some type of professional attitude to an extent because you want people to financially back you up. Also, if you constantly have such grammatical errors, you'd lose the potential fanbase that you may have gained just by seeing posts made by you.
Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I wouldn't normally nitpick, but since we're specifically talking about spelling in this thread, it's "per se," not "per say." Sorry, it's just a random minor pet peeve of mine. Obviously you don't have anywhere near the issues LordHaseo does with spelling. :)
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I never watch my grammar or spelling on forums; I pretty much use the same language I use with texts and emails. Thanks though heh. One of my pet peeves is using "u" instead of "you" but that's the text generation/instant messaging generation for you.

If I was in "AP English" mode, I would be reviewing each of my post for at least ten to fifteen minutes before I posted... yikes. I'd also be busting out some random jargon to sound more intelligent.
Speaking of AP English... crap I gotta study for that AP test. I gotta review some of the novels/plays/other stuff I read this year. Macbeth ftw! It practically fits all free response prompts I've practiced this year. And if not Macbeth, then there's 1984, Brave New World, and dare I say Fences.

[/nerdcore derailing to the max]
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
To be fair more understanding is needed from people when it comes to spelling, a pet peev to you could actually be dyslexia to others or they maybe from a country that does not speak english as it's first language. It is very easy to point something out and say somthing to someone, but not many people take the time to step back and ask why is this person spelling like this, they would rather push their point of view and I am not saying this is anyone in paticular but in fact people in general, I myself have dyslexia and have no doubt made a mistake somewhere in this statement. But with that said I do make the effort to check before I post and I double check anything I submitt. so at the end of all that just alittle more understanding all round will go a long way for everyone.
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Little_Sparrow said:
"To be fair more understanding is needed from people when it comes to spelling, a pet peev to you could actually be dyslexia to others or they maybe from a country that does not speak english as it's first language. It is very easy to point something out and say somthing to someone, but not many people take the time to step back and ask why is this person spelling like this, they would rather push their point of view and I am not saying this is anyone in paticular but in fact people in general, I myself have dyslexia and have no doubt made a mistake somewhere in this statement. But with that said I do make the effort to check before I post and I double check anything I submitt. so at the end of all that just alittle more understanding all round will go a long way for everyone."

i was rased in italy and i moved to the usa 12 years ago, so i gess ya no now, its bean taking me this long to learn and im still not that good, so i gess ya no now! i got into anime my 2ed year here, a guy named J.J. showed me pokemon, then digimon, dot hack//sign, naruto, ect....
so now ya no my story!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel