Card Games: What do you think about them?

Topic started by Bigheart711 on Sept. 12, 2013. Last post by Sonata 11 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,815 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Since some of you have probably read about me getting my ass beat in card game tournaments, I was wondering which card games you play and what do you think about them in general.

About me, I think they happen to be a lot of fun once you find one that gets to you and sticks to you, like Yugioh has for most of my college schoolmates. (There's a rulebook , but this video on the official site explains things better for the game's rules) I was also into Cardfight Vanguard since that stuck to me ever since seeing the ad for their 2nd Extra Booster set at ANN. (That link leads to their rules and that EB via Wikia, respectively since I can't find where their rules are on the official site. :[ ) Just make sure to watch your time and money and you should be fine. (Although SOME cards just aren't worth buying at such a high price in singles. Looking at you, Elemental Hero Bubbleman.)

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,202 posts) See mini bio Level 20

After getting into the Pokémon TCG, I think they're a lot of fun. If you'd asked me a few years ago what I thought about trading card games I would have said they were nerdy, thankfully I'm not as judgmental these days. I'm much more open minded than I used to be.

I'm having a lot of fun with Pokémon right now and I'll check out Magic: The Gathering at some point, mostly because I have some friends who are into it. These card games are an expensive sport though! Unless you go all-digital since most of these games have online simulations you can play for free. I like playing Pokémon both with real cards and online.

By the way, if you're really into the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG and can fid another user who's into it, you're welcome to start a club thread. Drop a comment in the Community Directory if you're interested.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,815 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Daniel_Newton: Understood (On the club part). I never understood Magic in the first place, but I've played the Pokemon TCG in the past and it was fun.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,202 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Bigheart711: Cool, if you ever feel like giving the Pokémon TCG another go there are a bunch of us in the club thread you can chat with and battle with :)

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I love YuGiOh TCG. I still have my cards just for collection.

Well the current card game I am playing A LOT is Valkyrie Crusade on my phone since is amazing. is an RPG+Card game which is epic and it has beautiful cads.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I tried to get into Magic and Marvel Overpower way way way back in like 96 or so but never could. I feel too old to get into it now, but if someone wanted to make a video game CCG like Phantom Dust, I'd be there day one.

Post by Dream (7,476 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I was into the Yu-gi-oh TCG throughout college for casual play online from 2003 to 2007. After that, my interest fizzled out and I left my cards stored away up until I sold off my whole collection last year. Don't think I'm getting into anymore card games at my age.

Post by xlab3000 (1,393 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I play Trading card games online like Dueling Network, YGOPro/Devpro and Pokemon TCGO

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I really want to obtain this card!

http://valkyriecrusade.wikia.com/wiki/Hecate

Post by Sonata (35,339 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I was also into Yu-Gi-Oh! when I was younger and playing with my nephews. I occasionally play on Duel Network and YGO pro.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel