Can Anime and Manga support children with Autism a few times ?

Topic started by parker17 on Sept. 9, 2013. Last post by parker17 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by parker17 (62 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Uh , this is a little bit , you know , distrubing to ask , but my Dad's a Nurse in a Hospital and he studied about something that kids with disabilities has a taste of Legos and Train Sets , but anime and Manga too with Video Games , so do you think it's true or no ?

Post by Bigheart711 (4,212 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@parker17: Forgive me for finding this at a late time, but I can't prove that most of it is true, even though all tastes are still quite different with every person. I happen to have mild autism and I've been a fan of anime, manga and videogames for years and I've only know two others who have it and I have no clue if they're into the stuff.

Post by sickVisionz (4,311 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@parker17 said:

Uh , this is a little bit , you know , distrubing to ask , but my Dad's a Nurse in a Hospital and he studied about something that kids with disabilities has a taste of Legos and Train Sets , but anime and Manga too with Video Games , so do you think it's true or no ?

That is some rough English. Took me about 4 reads to pick up what you were trying to say. I boiled it down to

My Dad is a nurse and read a study that said kids with disabilities enjoy Legos and train sets as well as anime, manga, and video games. Do you think this is true?

Doesn't seem impossible imo.

@sickVisionz: What do you mean ?

@Bigheart711: Okay , that's fine , and it's okay to be this way .

Post by Dream (8,308 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

*raises hand in being an anime fan with autism*

Though I'm not sure if there is some sort of connection between it and liking anime.

Post by sickVisionz (4,311 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@parker17: I don't know. I can't understand your post. I thought I deciphered what you were trying to say but I guess I didn't.

@Dream: Well , that's the thing I heard of cause I went to some website that brought this up called from Thomas to Anime .

Post by takashichea (14,451 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@parker17 said:

@Dream: Well , that's the thing I heard of cause I went to some website that brought this up called from Thomas to Anime .

Depends on the severity of autism. I used to volunteer and help children with autism mostly severed cases. My older brother has a severe case. He's not into anime but into listening to video game sound track.

From my experiences, most of the folks with severe case have a hobby they like and have some compulsive habit (IE: arranging toys along the bedwall before going to sleep.) The adults act like children and play toys or games, watch Looney Tunes. I haven't seen any of the folks (severe cases) into anime during my time at the center.

May I ask? Are you autistic as well? I noticed how you spoke.

t to some website that brought this up called from Thomas to Anime .

When you look up these things, you should probably ask folks who run daycare centers that take care of the disabled. I don't think you went to a credible website.

Edit:

Oh, I didn't answer your question. If the person has a mild case and can pretty take care of themselves, they will enjoy anime. If the person has a severe case, I say it's iffy. They would have to watch anime that is for children.

If you talking about support, are you talking about mental cognition and speech therapy? If so, I say no. There are no anime series that helps with speech therapy or has educational value as far I know.

@takashichea: Yes , and the reason I asked is because I heard it all from my father and he's a manager and a nurse of a Hospital because he told me that he studied something like a documentary film or maybe a website that he looked up like what are their new interest when they get older , and that is called from Thomas to Anime , and he did that to support my needs , but when I need something to relax I usually watch my old ones from childhood , and that's what made me want to question others because I on the other hand who wants to know more than that like me asking you something like does Lego's support that type of people because he brought that up too from another website so if I tell you why that I asked is because I want to answer something like cause Thomas the Tank engine and Lego's with Anime or Manga supports me and others who are born this way , so that's why I come up with these stupid topics of mine while I'm now thinking of something of an occupation and that is a comic book author who will ask permission for example " excuse me sir or mam but do you mind if I buy your characters in order to create my own story because the reason I asked is because all of them support my needs and that's why I'm asking " so that's why I want to have a crossover in order to make it more powerful like an organization for everyone's needs , and before and after that I will say please and Thank you for creating a story for helping everyone's needs .

@sickVisionz: No , I believe you're still correct cause it's really not negative to everyone while the other children without disabilities needed something to relax like us too , according to my father .

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel