Break Time for Battle Folks/Battlations

Topic started by takashichea on Nov. 13, 2013. Last post by takashichea 1 month ago.
Post by takashichea (11,837 posts) See mini bio Level 25

This is off-topic, but I put it here because I know most folks in the battle threads don't take a break and explore the other parts of the community.

I put some links and recommendations for you guys and gals to check out when you need a break from the battle threads. I'm not a battle mod, but I feel everyone should get time off.

Note: Battlations was a pet name made by AnimeDefender. Blame him.

Battle Forum's Popular Manga Series

Edit:

I forgot to add RPG, Fan-Fic, and Artist Show-Off boards. If you're angry at someone, you can vent in your frustration into drawing. It works! Trust me on this.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,675 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I wont take breaks from battles but since I know how to multi task, I will also be doing wiki editing. I was actually doing one before I saw this thread haha! I also am hoping to do reviews, work on wikis and other stuff. I feel like I need to do this!

Post by flamesaber (423 posts) See mini bio Level 8
90% of people sign up for animevice for battles only. 
We don't want to let our favorite character lose,right ;) ?  
@takashichea:  soccer or american football ?
I'm all in for soccer.
Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@flamesaber said:

soccer or american football ? I'm all in for soccer.

http://www.animevice.com/forums/off-topic/32/the-football-club/341704/

@supernova7005: cool.
@supernova7005: Lol,That section is so inactive.
Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@flamesaber: Ofcourse. Don't expect any forum to be as active as MvC ;)

You'll probably get replies tomorrow

Post by Sonata (35,337 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: LOL The battle forum has been the most active forum on AV since the beginning. That is never going to change, sad but true.

@supernova7005: MVC is the most active forum.

@flamesaber:

Not 90%. I say 40% because there is a handful of you guys and gals compared to lurkers, wiki editors, front news posters, forum players, reviewers, list makers, image hermits, and the list goes on. It's just like Sonata said, this is the most active forum thread.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@takashichea: LOL XD XD XD OMG I am soooo going to get hate mail for this XD XD!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by taichokage (12,957 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Geez I must get a real computer soon. I'd join you Taka in the wiki editing club if I did. So many anime and character pages that could be done even with you and FoxxFireArt in the 1 million point class.

@takashichea: I have an idea, this idea could help the Battlations that do not know much about the mountains of awesome anime. Are you willing to listen this very weird idea????

@AnimeDefender:

Sure. I'm open to any ideas.

Edit: my ideas are weirder than yours. I did that stupid Moe Monday blog.

@takashichea: Holy crap that was fast lol!!!!!

How about an Anime Directory? I mean a literal one that can contain a large number of Anime/Manga´s. Not like a Discussion Thread, I mean have a Title, Summary, and it´s Genre. I am not saying something like the Wiki (though if this idea does sound sane to you then it can help a user that is looking for a new anime to make a better decision). I literally mean a Anime Directory containing A LOT of Anime´s/Manga´s!

@AnimeDefender:

That's crazy. I think a better idea would be a Battlation's Recommendation list. I would edit that thread and take in recommendations from battle folks instead of building an entire directory of anime and manga from various genres.

Plus, I think this recommendation list is more personal and endearing than building a directory where folks would just get lost. How does that sound?

Post by Acura_Max (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@AnimeDefender: Aleasha was making one before she became busy with work.

@takashichea: Like I said, I am crazy and weird and knew that this idea would get shot down LOL!!!!!!! Your idea sounds A LOT better than mine XD!!!!!!!!

@Acura_Max: @AnimeDefender:

AnimeDefender's new project was about recommending shows to his folks like how he got introduced to Gurren Lagann and what was the other one, Fairy Tail, in the battle threads. He wants to reciprocate that feeling and make the battle threads more homely.

If I'm not wrong.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel