Boy Stabs Sister Over DS

Topic started by Sigue on March 2, 2009. Last post by Nerx 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
"A five year-old boy in the French town of Uckange has stabbed his ten year-old sister with a kitchen knife following an argument over a Nintendo DS, Le Post reports.

The incident occurred on Saturday night, and was prompted by the sister's refusal to allow her brother to play with her Nintendo DS. Upset over this, the boy took a kitchen knife and stabbed her in the chest. The children's mother was awakened by the girl's screams and she was rushed to hospital, where she remains (although her condition is not listed as critical).

There are further reports from a follow-up story by Le Post of the boy citing "inspiration" from a Power Rangers game that involved throwing knives, and of the family suffering from a history of domestic violence at the hands of their estranged father." copypasta from Kotaku 

I'm so glad that my sister was never into gaming when we were young. She'd have been all over my Game Boy and I'd have been all, "NO WAY!" Then BAM. Knifey knifey. Scary world innit?

edit: I'm sure someone will drop it in Off-Topic soon enough. Short attention span and multi-tasking.

Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I'll move it to Off-Topic cuz I'm awesome-sauce.

But holy crap! I stole my brothers' GBA all the time. I wouldn't wanna get the stabby stab dang...
What's funny (...oh dear funny?) about this is that it's over a DS. Something that doesn't have the violence of GTA (yet) and is notorious for the casual crap.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
This seems like a pretty valid reason to stab someone. If someone stole my DS, i'd probably stab them.
"Don't fuck with my pokymans!" or something along those lines.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I don't think I'd miss my DS. I haven't used mine to game in months (minus that cookbook thing that semi-recently came out. That thing is awesome but that isn't gaming.) I would just use my brother's one to game on if worse comes to worse and I did get my DS taken away from someone.

Now if it was my PSP on the other hand... I'd have to shoot someone. That thing is always in my purse wherever I go and I use that sucker at least a couple times a day.
Post by Mew (271 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Stabbing his sister? Wow.

Video games = Violence, but that really doesn't mean much.

Maturity = Self-Control

If you can't deal with a game, and take turns like civilized people, don't play. Video games are meant to be fun, not a struggle, especially not a life threatening one.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
LMMFAO sounds like something me and my bro would have gotten up to as kids
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Sadly things like this happen all the time and the media always finds a way to blame it all on videogames instead of the parents who leave a knife where a five year old can easilly take it.
Having just read the actual article, it mentions that the mother was a victim of domestic abuse, often in front of the children. Coincidence?
Sigue said:
"Having just read the actual article, it mentions that the mother was a victim of domestic abuse, often in front of the children. Coincidence?
"
IT WAS TOTALLY THE POWER RANGERS GAME, NOT THIS, WHAT ARE YOU DENSE?
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
man self-control yo, bashing is acceptable but stabbing? that is a big no no
Post by Sonata (35,398 posts) See mini bio Level 20
A story like that sounds familiar, In the city where I live a Boy killed his brother to play Madden Football, this was about 8 or 9 years ago.
It is getting Cliche , wonder what's next...
Sonata said:
"A story like that sounds familiar, In the city where I live a Boy killed his brother to play Madden Football, this was about 8 or 9 years ago.
"
The thing that surprises me the most is that he wanted to play Madden that bad.
MADDEN ISNT WORTH MURDER!

I protest madden murder.
If you're going to kill someone do it over a better game please.
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I hope she cuts off his ding dong when she comes back!
Morita_Shunsuke said:
"I hope she cuts off his ding dong when she comes back!
"
Sweet Logic, Bro!
Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Black_Rose said:
"Sadly things like this happen all the time and the media always finds a way to blame it all on videogames instead of the parents who leave a knife where a five year old can easilly take it.
"
I generally don't read news stories where the media blames video games for stuff like that, most of the times it is just some psychopath killing for mundane reasons. like a twelve year old girl who shot and killed her father's girlfriend just cause she didn't like her. i got a lot of news stories that have events like these if any one is interested
Sigue said:
"If you're going to kill someone do it over a better game please.
"
Agreed, at least Spore or Wow not some crummy game
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel