Books Reading and Recomindations

Topic started by Hawk on Dec. 6, 2008. Last post by Lan 5 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Awesome! 42 is on my short list of ideas for tattoos.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
HOLY CRAP WHAT WAS I THINKING!? Get yourself some Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman young one. Discworld novels and American Gods, please.
Post by Knil (18 posts) See mini bio Level 2
If you're looking for thrillers, James Patterson and Dan Brown are very good. Specifically, I would recommend Deception Point and The Jester. Also R.A. Salvatore writes some amazing fantasy series if that's more along the lines of what you're looking for.
Post by Hawk (272 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Good lists people.....

Knil....Dan Brown is the shit. Angels and Demons is my fav.

BTW....Anita Blake.....Eh. Jewel said I would like it, but it's a boring read so far. I think it's the writing style and not the subject.
Read Twilight.....it was ok........a little teen for my tastes.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
How about that Terry Pretchett?
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Hey Guys, Watchmen. Most intricate and brilliant graphic novel ever made. Do it.
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Neil Gaiman, Neil Gaiman, and did I mention Neil Gaiman? Anansi Boys is my favorite; it's features one of the characters from American Gods. It's very quirky, hilarious, and fun! Much lighter than American Gods--which was also amazing! Laughing Corpse was boring for 3/4 of the book. Once Anita solves the case and starts kicking zombie ass, things get good. I'm shamfeully reading Laurell K. Hamilton's  newest book A Lick of Frost; let's just say it's not the plot that  keeps my interest. ;) I'm also in the middle of Lady Macbeth--a novel about the historical Scottish queen and wife of Macbeth; the couple featured in Shakespeare's play. Mind you it's not a retelling of the play's events.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel