Best Hero!

Topic started by sceonn on Dec. 4, 2011. Last post by gravitypress 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Who do you think is the best kind of hero in all the anime you've watched? Doesn't have to be the main character, just any character. Who would you trust your well-being and that of all those you care about with, who has the ability (skills/will) to save everything without fail?

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Maebara Keiichi, just a normal teenager, but he shits over fate, and is the magician of words.

He evolved from a paranoical guy to a nakama complex guy. The team fought over destiny mainly inspired by him. Is epic. And as I say is just a normal teenager with no power that uses a baseball bat as weapon

My pick is Lelouch, he'll save you even if he has to point a gun at your face....

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Well, the guys and gals that most appeal to me aren't usually powerful heroes. Most of my favorite protagonists are support characters who "sidekick" the main hero. However a couple come to mind although neither have superpowers of any sort. The first is Captain Harlock, the space pirate. He's all about getting the job done and is both fearless and tenacious. Harlock isn't all that social a fellow though, so hanging out with him and having a few beers is unlikely to happen, but if you're in trouble and need someone to save your bacon, he's the guy who'll cross a galaxy to help you out. My second choice would be Ryo Saeba from the City Hunter franchise. He's skilled, uncannily alert, and self-sacrificing when necessary. Similar to the above mentioned Vash the Stampede, he usually tries to disarm his opponents rather than kill them. Of course, you're more likely to find his aid if you're a beautiful woman, but that doesn't mean (with a little pressure from partner Kaori Makimura) males will be left to their own fate.

My next pick is Maid Guy Kogarashi from Kamen no Maid Guy... Dude's a BEAST!!!

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Maes Hughes is my favorite character, so I guess he's my choice. If you're talking about a more literal "HERO" perhaps Celty from DRRR!

Post by gravitypress (18 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Ryoma from Getter Robo series.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Gintoki from Gintama. :)

@gravitypress said:

Ryoma from Getter Robo series.

That pic and name reminds me of this awesome song:

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

if i choose someone to save the world without problems , that character is kami tenchi. and if i want to choose a character who can save the world without fighting against beings like reality warpers ,cosmic beings , magic users, so powerful galaxy busters and the like , this is spike spiegel .

Post by takashichea (11,700 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Bossun
Bossun

Bossun from Sket Dan. He and his gang solve issues and problems of their classmates. His concentration ability got them thru the hardest requests. Most of the issues were about romance interests. Don't underestimate his average looks with his Digimon looking hat.

@takashichea: Really? I was kinda expecting Switch-kun.

Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
 Seiya, he just never stops, ever!  He takes on the biggest of the biggest like Hades and Apollo. 

@MohsinMan99: That song rocks.

@gravitypress: It has become my favorite song even though I've yet to watch the series. :)

I'm going to watch this soon by the end of this month. How good is it IYO?

Post by takashichea (11,700 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@MohsinMan99 said:

@takashichea: Really? I was kinda expecting Switch-kun.

He's not a hero because of his past: his brother died due to his mistake. That will make my choice for Kakashi, a bit of a hypocrite, since the same thing occurs to him like Switch's situation. You can't protect everyone you loved. It's the sad truth.

I'd rather have some powerful dude to fall back on than simply someone who has the heart and the drive to protect. Power drives reality....

@MohsinMan99: It is a amazing anime.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel