Begging to get fired from your job...

Topic started by Dream on July 5, 2011. Last post by Sonata 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,891 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Try something as stupid as this ISP service rep did.
  Try something as stupid as this ISP service rep did.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Nice...
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

The closest I've come is getting in trouble at work and having to be called into the bosses office. When he asked me, "what would you do if you were in my shoes?" I said, "Well... I guess I'd fire me." He was baffled for a moment but then he decided to just send me home for a week. I hate going to work so that was like a vacation to me and I must have smiled a little bit or something because he quickly said, "it's not a vacation."

@sickVisionz: Was it something you said to someone else?
Post by matti00 (28 posts) See mini bio Level 7

A crackhead spat at me once at work. Obviously, I swore at him, but for some reason I got in trouble.

Anyway, my story is sad, but Bobby the Time Warner Analyst is a hero. Can't blame the guy for trying to spice up his day, I bet that job sucks.

EDIT: Just realised that this might not be a picture you found on the internet, but could've happened to you personally. I would like to take this opportunity to emphasise that I was kidding with the above statement. Although it is pretty funny if you think about it.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Dream: Wow...just shows you how low class that guy really is. He is practically begging for his job to be terminated if he really did post all of that in a chat with a customer over the Time/Warner Cable Customer Service chat.

@ShadowKnight508 said:

@Dream: Wow...just shows you how low class that guy really is. He is practically begging for his job to be terminated if he really did post all of that in a chat with a customer over the Time/Warner Cable Customer Service chat.

Hell, I'd risk my job for it if I already had another one lined up.
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

Nah. During college I was the night shift supervisor at a job where we setup rooms for special events. My boss always partnered everyone up for rooms. My partner didn't come in until like 3 hours deep in my shift so I'd usually do most of the work just to get it done. I did that once and told him that all he had to do was one room solo. So it's like... maybe 7pm and I leave at 10:30pm and all my work is done. I left the job to goto a friend's dorm and play video games and I came back at like 10:25 to clock out.

I came to school the next day and I kept getting text messages like, "[our boss] is fuckin pissed at you" and "[my boss' like equal level person] is raging." So I go into to work later and it turns out that my partner mixed up to rooms, unsetting one that was really complex. The client showed up and things went crazy. I couldn't really put the blame on my partner because both of our names were on the list to do it and I wasn't even there. All I could do it was just eat it and say we goofed up somehow. The only thing I had in my corner is that outside of this one incident, I was steady like a rock and kinda the best employee by far and the only person with 2 or more ears of experience who was willing to work until close on that day.

That's the worst thing I ever got caught doing, but really my behavior at that job was pretty terrible. I got out all of the "i'm going to do something crazy at work" desire that I had for life in those few years. It was a college job staffed by college kids and all the adults were gone by 7pm and the place stayed open until 11pm so there was just tons of shenanigans and tomfoolery going on. My school didn't have frat houses because it was in the middle of a city, but we had a floor of frat and sorority rooms in the same building that we worked so it was just crazy party time every night. Heavy drinking, drugs, sex, smoking, and playing video games (the mildest by far) using the projector that to make the screen like 70 feet wide.

@sickVisionz said:

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:

Nah. During college I was the night shift supervisor at a job where we setup rooms for special events. My boss always partnered everyone up for rooms. My partner didn't come in until like 3 hours deep in my shift so I'd usually do most of the work just to get it done. I did that once and told him that all he had to do was one room solo. So it's like... maybe 7pm and I leave at 10:30pm and all my work is done. I left the job to goto a friend's dorm and play video games and I came back at like 10:25 to clock out.

I came to school the next day and I kept getting text messages like, "[our boss] is fuckin pissed at you" and "[my boss' like equal level person] is raging." So I go into to work later and it turns out that my partner mixed up to rooms, unsetting one that was really complex. The client showed up and things went crazy. I couldn't really put the blame on my partner because both of our names were on the list to do it and I wasn't even there. All I could do it was just eat it and say we goofed up somehow. The only thing I had in my corner is that outside of this one incident, I was steady like a rock and kinda the best employee by far and the only person with 2 or more ears of experience who was willing to work until close on that day.

That's the worst thing I ever got caught doing, but really my behavior at that job was pretty terrible. I got out all of the "i'm going to do something crazy at work" desire that I had for life in those few years. It was a college job staffed by college kids and all the adults were gone by 7pm and the place stayed open until 11pm so there was just tons of shenanigans and tomfoolery going on. My school didn't have frat houses because it was in the middle of a city, but we had a floor of frat and sorority rooms in the same building that we worked so it was just crazy party time every night. Heavy drinking, drugs, sex, smoking, and playing video games (the mildest by far) using the projector that to make the screen like 70 feet wide.

Well, even the Doctor's gotta screw up sometime, right?
Post by Sonata (35,506 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Dream: Dont know if that would work if your job is a phone sex operator;P

Post by Dream (7,891 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Sonata: LOL, true. Hitting on the customers won't help out much in that line of work.
Post by Sonata (35,506 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Dream: You may have to use Meg Griffin's tactic:)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel