Bad Day, Celtic Woman, and Oreos

Topic started by Lan on Feb. 24, 2009. Last post by Sigue 5 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Rough day more than bad. Totally missed the mark with my response for Chaucer class. Plus mixed up Richard I (Lionheart) with Richard II aloud and in front of the whole class. Had to juggle twenty million different things today because my schoolbag wasn't big enough, and I'm not "an octopus with eight lovin' arms" (kudos if you get the reference); still dropped almost everything. Lost an earring from my ear that was of real monetary value not to mention a favorite. Totally forgot the significance of 1910 in my Virginia Woolf class which is only one of the most important dates I have to remember; again, I looked like an idiot. I had to wear pantyhose today and got a run in them.

Then I called Baku to confirm transportation plans after class; we were supposed to see Celtic Woman together (rather I bought tickets and guilted him into coming). He said he was sick with stomach pain, and didn't feel up to going. Called my good friend Lisa who happened to be nearby and who I usually hung out with after class on Tuesdays; she was more than willing to go. The show was amazing and beautiful! Totally mitigated everything that happened. They performed mostly cover songs; it seemed the show was catered to an American audience more than ever before. The way these songs were arranged though, it was as if I was hearing them for the first time.  I missed several of the older celtic songs, but since the departure of some of the members, they couldn't be performed...at least not yet by the replacements. I think my favorite solo performance was by Lisa Kelly; she did a gorgeous and moving cover of "Fields of Gold." Of course my favorite group performance was "Mo Ghile Mear" well tied with "Isle of Hope." Lisa loved the show and cried. Then she treated me to Denny's because we were both hungry and nothing else was open and close by that we could get a big meal at.

Now I find that Baku has eaten nearly all the Oreos since we bought them which was Sunday. Two of the three rows are all gone. I have eaten three oreos max. OMG! At least there's still a row left of them; they're spring oreos with yellow frosting, though I think the cookie texture is different---less crunchy.

To sum it all up: My day was bad, but it was mitigated by Celtic Woman, but now the day or rather new day is being put into question by the lack of Oreos. Questions: When's the last time you felt like a real dork because you forgot something really important or obvious? What object have you lost that you really miss? What sort of musical acts/concerts are you excited about right now? What should I do or say to Baku when he gets home from work?
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Aww it sounds like you had a poo day. *pats your back* Everyone has those days when they're just out of it. At least it wasn't a fully poo day though :D
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Lan said:
"Questions: When's the last time you felt like a real dork because you forgot something really important or obvious? What object have you lost that you really miss? What sort of musical acts/concerts are you excited about right now? What should I do or say to Baku when he gets home from work? "
First, I'm jealous of the Celtic Women(Woman?) show.
  1. I forget important stuff all the time, what makes me feel really dorky though is how often I remember really completely useless trivia, usually relating to a cartoon.
  2. Superficially,  for a while I couldn't find the charger for my PSP, I missed that a lot, also my car key. Other than that, I know that there is something very dear to me that I haven't been able to find, but I forgot what it is (see #1.)
  3. The Pogues are playing the House of Blues on the 20th (March,) I'm pretty stoked. I'd see Dropkick Murpheys on St Paddy's day, but that's too much for me.
  4. I would tear into him for eating so many Oreos. No wonder he was sick.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Call him "your itty-bitty snuggle bear." That'll solve everything.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel