Asian Pop & Rock Club

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Jan. 6, 2014. Last post by Bigheart711 3 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Welcome to the Asian Pop & Rock Club!
Here you can chat about and share your favorite Pop and Rock music from Japan, China, Korea and more!

I've been meaning to start this club for ages!

Here's one of my fave groups; 4Minute. The girls are gorgeous and the music is catchy as hell.

Post by Delphic (48 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Daniel_Newton: I pick a lot of my favorites up from the anime openings and such. I have more than I can list in that case, but an old favorite of mine is definitely T.M Revolution

Post by Mattani (1 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Post by Acura_Max (2,341 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Sign me up for this club. I've been wanting to get into this, but I never could find new music apart from the ones that I already knew about.

Wow, two with Gangham Style already? Don't mean anything bad by that, because it's a good song.

Anyway, another favorite Artist of mine is Gackt.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Tommy February/ Heavenly6

Very cute, great music, and fun videos. And you'd lose your mind if you found out how old she is!

the GazettE

Cool look, cool music. What more can be said?

Scandal

They can do different syles well, from cute pop to harder sounding rock. They've also done songs that were featured in the animes Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Stereopony

Always amazing music videos! It's just sad that they don't play together anymore.

@Delphic said:

@Daniel_Newton: I pick a lot of my favorites up from the anime openings and such.

I think that's how most of us are introduced to it, I know I was. I remember finding the music videos for some of the opening themes from Bleach and went from there.

@UltimateHero0406 said:

Tommy February/ Heavenly6

Very cute, great music, and fun videos. And you'd lose your mind if you found out how old she is!

You weren't kidding! I hope scientists discover the Asian secrets of slow aging soon, it's unfair! :P Scandal and STEREOPONY are good choices.

I've pretty much had this video on repeat since I found it the other day. Super catchy and ohmygod those dance moves!

@Acura_Max: I loved it when I first heard it, but I don't think I can enjoy Gangnam Style any more. That's the problem when these things go viral, it's weird.

@Daniel_Newton said:

@Delphic said:

@Daniel_Newton: I pick a lot of my favorites up from the anime openings and such.

I think that's how most of us are introduced to it, I know I was. I remember finding the music videos for some of the opening themes from Bleach and went from there.

I got my first start with Rhythm Emotion and Just Communication from Gundam Wing. I wish I could remember the group, but those songs were my jams for a long time. I was like twelve when I first heard those, and I remember pretending to be a Gundam while those songs blasted from my computer speakers. LOL

Post by Fehafare (9,395 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Huh. Didn't even notice we got this.

Well, fan of X-Japan, JAM Project, One Ok Rock and Kalafina.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,936 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm also a Scandal fan and that had me into J-Pop. I still listen to them and Kyary Pamu Pamu, LiSA and Kalafina.

For K-Pop, 2NE1 started me out and Infinite, Wonder Girls, Girls' Generation, Psy (Post-"Gangnam Style", but checked out his older stuff), and BoA kept me in.

Post by whiskers (137 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I like some of Kalafina's songs too as well as some stuff by ONE OK ROCK and Abingdon Boys School. I could say that for a while now my playlists mostly consist of anime soundtracks. Kinda obvious, ha ha. Well, my video choice for this club is an older one, but the song is one of my favorites.

Oh, yeah, how could I forget this one?

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I do prefer some of the older songs, but I do have some modern ones I like (weirdly enough, they're a bit metal, and I don't even normally like that genre.).

(and embarrassingly, they're pretty much all from anime.)

and I also have a thing for synth-jpop, if the last 3 songs didn't make it obvious.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,763 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Let's put some Jam & Flow to this Saturday (And Jam making a Flow Cover)

So, this is a thing.

@Halberdierv2: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @Bigheart711: @Daniel_Newton: New Psy video is out! What you do guys think? Also, the youtube comments say G-Dragon and CL make a cameo in the video. So, be on the lookout for them.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Acura_Max: ehhh..... not really my type of music at all..... or should i say that type of music doesn't suit PSY at all.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,936 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Acura_Max: I heard about Gimme Chocolate earlier this week and after checking it out, it's actually good. Hangover was fun too (although, I found the CL cameo, but not G-Dragon's).

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel