Are they making a Dragonball Evolution 2? It could work

Topic started by ronki23 on March 20, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by ronki23 (85 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I have heard rumours of a DBE 2. Not sure if sequel or reboot but i'm sure it could. This trailer was pretty sweet for a low budget project:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhvDV8663vRRV8DcjF

Saiyan Saga would be interesting. The main thing they need to do is:

*Use Asian actors (Justin Chatwin alienated a lot of people). Concept:

*Use well known martial artists /Pro Wrestlers with an acting background. I know I said use Asians but Goldberg would be the perfect Nappa. For Goku/Vegeta use martial artists with either a legit background or experience in action movies

*Stick to the plot

*Change the costumes, but not too much

If they could do it for Western Comics like The Mask,Spiderman,X Men,Avengers,etc. why not DBZ?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,298 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I really hope they don't make another one, DBZ will never look right in live action.

Maybe if they have dreamworks work on it and have a directer who know what he is doing then it will be good

Post by Sonata (35,424 posts) See mini bio Level 20
There was a first one1?......geee /sarcasm
Post by GrayWolf2 (343 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Dear god I hope not. Just stick to animation when it comes to Dragonball please. The only good thing about Dragonball Evolution is that after you watch it you can put on GT and it will actually be tolerable.

@GrayWolf2:But some comic adaptations worked, why not do it properly? In the last 10 years most of the Superhero movies were pretty sweet:

1. Spiderman with Tobey Macguire

2. Fantastic Four (not FF 2)

3. Hulk 2008

4. Thor

5. Iron Man

6. Dark Knight Trilogy

7. X Men Movies

8. Avengers

You've even got classics like the Flintstones, The Mask, Ritchie Rich so it's not impossible

I also liked Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat but then again not everyone does.

I think the main problem was using Justin Chatwin as a lead role and changing the plot. If they kept it so that Goku is a monkey boy growing up in the wild, or (IF the movie is Saiyan Saga) a skilled master of martial arts with abnormal powers, I don't see how it could not work. Of course the lightning fast fighting won't work with live action but they could make the fight scenes epic like Thor vs Loki or even like the Matrix movies.

Like the X Men movies change the costumes but keep them recognisable. No orange gi for Goku; a plain white gi. Maybe the Saiyans should wear clothes like the X men did.

The main reason for failure was using a caucasian cast without martial arts skills. Jet Li pulled of Sun Wukong pretty well in Forbidden Kingdom so you could argue he's a good Goku (though he's too old for playing Goku; maybe as Bardock he'd be better).

I think in a two hour movie they could fit in a small recap of how Piccolo,Tien,Krillin,etc. joined at the prologue or show them kicking ass. Then forward to Raditz' arrival and end at when they defeat Vegeta. King Kai would be awkward but maybe make him like another Master Roshi/dress him up differently but make him recognisable (maybe a little Asian dude with sunglasses/shorter than Roshi so nobody takes him seriously).

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ronki23 said:

I know I said use Asians but Goldberg would be the perfect Nappa.

Lmao

Post by GrayWolf2 (343 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@ronki23: You really think doing the entire saiyan saga in 2 hours is a good idea? Are you kidding me? Anyone not too familiar with DBZ would be lost the whole time and it would feel horribly rushed. The problem with dragonball is that the story is told in long sagas and not quick 1-6 comic stories like in comics. It's easier to tell quicker stories in comics because that is the norm. It yields itself well to movies. Also the characters have been around for so long that a lot of people already know who they are and what they're about so you don't need much backstory. With dragonball that's not the case. For something like this a tv series would be your best bet.

Post by Acura_Max (2,349 posts) See mini bio Level 13

You can't make a sequel to a movie that doesn't exist!

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@hitsusatsu11 said:

@ronki23 said:

I know I said use Asians but Goldberg would be the perfect Nappa.

Lmao

Dwayne Nappa Johnson
Dwayne Nappa Johnson

@GrayWolf2:As much as I like DBZ, you really haven't got that deep a story to fill in 2 hours though. 12 x 10 min scenes:

1. Raditz arrives, Piccolo is no match

2. Raditz finds Goku,tells him the story of the Saiyans and takes Gohan

3. Piccolo finds Goku and teams up with him

4. Goku and Piccolo vs Raditz

5. Goku dies and goes to King Kai's world

6. Piccolo trains Gohan

7. Other Z fighters train inc. recap of who they are like Kami and Popo telling us in the filler

8. Nappa and Vegeta arrive

9. Saibamen vs Z fighters

10. Nappa vs Z fighters

11. Goku vs Nappa

12. Goku vs Vegeta

Anyway, I picked Saiyan Saga as Vegeta's popular and because it's natural continuity to Evolution. Piccolo Jr saga would be way too boring since people already hated film 1's Piccolo (plus in the original they found Krillin/Tien/Chiaoutzu before fighting King Piccolo)

Also, Dragonball Evolution was supposed to have been the story of Dragonball/telling us about Goku. Perhaps if they redid that it would have been better. Dragonball (not Z) would not work as a movie as you have three sagas compared to Dragonball Z's four sagas (yes I count Vegeta saga separate). Though I am sure Dragonball (not Z) could be done in three movies: film one could be finding Goku; how he meets Bulma,Yamcha,Krillin and Roshi while searching for the Dragonballs (ignore Pilaf and Red Ribbon), film two could be the fight against Tien and Chiaoutzu and later all of them vs King Piccolo, while film 3 could be Piccolo Jr Saga.

Dragonball Z however, has sagas with less substance imo. Saiyan Saga could be done in one movie, as could Cell saga. Frieza and Buu saga would be too long (Buu saga would not work imo-thin plot and mainly fighting; Frieza saga has the problem of being too long to fit into one movie and the fight between Frieza and the Z fighters taking up half the saga or an entire move's worth [again, that would be 2 hours worth of fighting]).

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

But some comic adaptations worked, why not do it properly? In the last 10 years most of the Superhero movies were pretty sweet:

perhaps because comic characters are more human like than anime characters?

Post by Obito (578 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I HOPE NOT!

@Obito said:

I HOPE NOT!
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15
DBE = barf

@SpeedForceSpider said:

DBE = shit

fixed

Post by Acura_Max (2,349 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@DBZ_universe said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

DBE = shit

fixed

What did shit and barf do to deserve such hate?!

@Acura_Max: LOL! would it be better if this was the barf and shit of the one who made it? then I can see them equal.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel