April Fools' Day 2014 News Report Thread

Topic started by Bigheart711 on March 31, 2014. Last post by Bigheart711 3 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,687 posts) See mini bio Level 21

The internet rears it's ugly head again with gag announcements and pranks galore. Please post any notable April Fool articles or pranks here that happened for this year if any of you have found anything. Since it was already April Fools' for Japan's half of Earth, here were a few notable articles...

New Super Smash Bros. IV character: Nintendo Power's Nester!?

Gon' get this Smash Ball TODAY!
Gon' get this Smash Ball TODAY!

This was way more recent by a day, however. It was to honor the former magazine series, Nintendo Power and Nester's models were actually made by the characters. This is being treated as a prank, but if this IS proven correct, then his anger will be taken out on the cast, Mario especially. Check out the article via Shoryuken as well as the official site of SSBIVwhere there are much more pics of him.

A new Pokemon Adventure begins via Google Maps!

Google added yet another fun prank with the search engine for Google Maps. This time, by opening the Google Maps app, taping the Search Bar, clicking the “Start Game” link with the little Pokeball symbol and end up at the Pokelab in CA to begin. To catch the Pokemon, tap on it and hit “Catch”. This only works for iPhone and Android smartphones, however. They also make a real neat video for this. Article via ANN.

Madoka Magica's Fourth Movie!?

Literally was shocked when I saw this at first, considering that I love the franchise...
Literally was shocked when I saw this at first, considering that I love the franchise...

There was an announcement made via the official site that a new Madoka Magica movie to the franchise is to be unveiled in 2015, but a closer look somewhere proved otherwise. Check out this article via Crunchyroll about it...

So, what other April Foolishness did any of you back here at AV see in 2014? Let us all know! (Also, it doesn't have to be anime or manga-related since this is in off-topic. ;) )

Post by takashichea (10,855 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
Post by Bigheart711 (3,687 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea: That was the Apple Inc. spoof that showed up. (via Crunchyroll for full translation)

There was also this thing that showed up. If anyone faints from this, I apologize. XD (via Shoryuken)

EDIT: There was also some news about Pochaco getting a game, but I felt all kinds of wrong after reading all of that. (via Crunchyroll)

This wallpaper didn't scratch the surface with them, however. The entire gag was that wrong. XD
This wallpaper didn't scratch the surface with them, however. The entire gag was that wrong. XD
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel