April 2014 Anime Vice Community Report

Topic started by takashichea on April 23, 2014. Last post by taichokage 2 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (10,877 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Welcome everyone! This blog is designed to supplement Foxx's Community Spotlight articles, adding more breadth and showcasing more of user content and major trends in our community on a monthly basis. I was debating whether to make it weekly. Given my current responsibilities (school, family, wiki, and mod duty), I don't think I can keep up.

I do make wiki/review reports to Foxx on a weekly basis, making sure our reviewers and wiki editors get spotlighted. Seeing Acura Max and Zombie Pie's community spotlight articles, I thought it would great to incorporate more content. This will help the community spotlights.

Recent Spotlights

Battle

Battle Themes 2014
Battle Themes 2014

Despite we had battle themes set up by our best battle users (Battlation of the Month), it's natural that we had some major trends that rock our forum, characters who become extremely popular with new feats revealed. Like What's Out of the Bag noted, the battle community hypes these characters by making lots of battle threads. I remembered Lil SMXLR8 was confused as I was during Might Guy March madness. This month, Gremmy is stealing the spotlight for this month's battle theme. We had a good Hitman Reborn theme going thanks to few users: Haiken, Low, General Van.

If you notice January is blank, it's because I can't remember what major character was popular in the battle threads during that period. Let me know if you remember. This is what stress does to me. Makes me forgetful.

Wiki

Rising Rookies

• Taichokage - Being one of the veteran battle user, he helps out with the Toriko and Seven Deadly Sin project. His newest projects are Magi and D. Gray-Man starting with Hakuryuu and Allen Walker.
  • Demonic13 - One of the new wiki editors I help moderate his submissions. It started out with a few hentai series, mainly images. Demonic13 has taken up writing up articles. Check out his wiki pages.
  • Gyn - Another new wiki editor I help moderate. It started out images, Viola and One Piece. He's very organized with his images, and he helps upload great, Hi RES images. After doing One Piece and Hellsing, he's uploading images for Bayonetta: Bloody Fate. The site has been glitching heavily especially with images. Gyn keeps on working hard and uploading the images despite the glitches in our site.
  • ForgottenOne - He joined the Toriko project and help developed the character and concept pages. His best Toriko page was the Full Course Menu. Now, he's working on Medaka Box and lending a hand in the Seven Deadly Sins project.

I feel bad that our new wiki editors are confronting these 3 to 4 week old image uploading glitches.

Lists

Friends, rivals, brothers or comrades that something happened to them that made them become enemies, started to hate each other, one or the two of them want to kill the other or became on different sides.

For more lists, check out Daniel's List Redist ~ Share & Build Lists with the Community!

Discussion Threads

The hottest discussion threads we have for Spring 2014 are...

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Discussion

Plot: The year is 1987 and 17-year-old Jotaro Kujo finds himself suddenly plagued by a ghost-like entity. Jotaro’s grandfather Joseph Joestar, a veteran of a fight to save humanity fifty years prior, arrives with his own supernatural aura and explains that this power, known as a “Stand,” physically manifests its user’s spirit and can be controlled by its user at will. The sudden emergence of these Stands is revealed to be caused by the revival of the megalomaniacal vampire DIO (the Joestar’s longtime enemy) whose awakening from his century-long slumber has triggered Stands to awaken down the Joestar family line, including in Jotaro’s mother whose uncontrollable Stand will ultimately kill her in a few weeks’ time. Jotaro, Joseph, and their allies have fifty days to locate DIO (using their Stands to thwart DIO’s network of devoted Stand-user minions along the way) and eliminate DIO himself in order to save Jotaro’s mother and prevent DIO’s ambitions of world domination.

Chaika - The Coffin Princess Discussion

Plot: Toru Acura is a 20-year-old retired soldier meandering through life now that the war has ended. He encounters Chaika Trabant, a 14-year-old sorceress carrying a coffin, and follows her in hopes of finding meaning to his life again. The two travel with Toru's adopted sister, Akari, the employed member of the group and thus Toru's source of income.

The Irregular at a Magical High School Discussion

Plot: The story takes place in a world in which magic is not a fairy tale, but has existed for nearly one hundred years. In the spring, the Private Magic University Affiliated High School (Magic High School for short) is welcoming its new students, and names the top student with the best grades at the time of their arrival the Bloom (read as “garland” in Japanese), and the student called the Weed is the Bloom's replacement. Siblings Tatsuya and Miyuki Shiba are designated as the Weed and Bloom, respectively. Miyuki is given the title of Bloom due to her amazing grades, while Tatsuya is given the title of Weed due to his poor magical practical scores. Tatsuya, the young man who always has a farsighted expression, and Miyuki, the young woman who feels far more for her brother than sibling love. Since the day the two entered the gates of the elite school, the establishment's peaceful days have become chaotic.

For more discussion threads, check out the #Anime Vice Discussion Threads.

Reviews

Will fill in soon

RPGs

Kuma is doing a great job of promoting the RPG forum. Check these links below.

Finished Community Projects

Fun Threads

Post by takashichea (10,877 posts) See mini bio Level 25

It's done. Time to finish the Quick Picks for anime releases, and then, I go to bed. Hopefully, I get time to read and work on Seven Deadly Sins.

Post by taichokage (12,622 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Awesome blog. Thanks for the mention. I tried to comment on your blog earlier but vice was lagging.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel