Anyone playing Dungeon Fighter Online?

Topic started by sickVisionz on July 12, 2012. Last post by Fehafare 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,308 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I just got into this yesterday and it's a pretty cool free-to-play game. Anyone else in the AV community playing this one?

Post by rubberluffy (595 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I go back to it every now and then. It's fun.

@rubberluffy: I've been looking for a fix for Streets of Rage but stuff like Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim weren't cutting it for me. This one does though. I'm playing a thief and the fact that I can do aerial combos and juggle people in what looks like a Sega Genesis game is pretty awesome. I do wish they had dedicated vertical dashing ala Streets of Rage 3 though.

@sickVisionz:

I fiddled with Thief a little bit, but I've played with Priest and Fighter the most. Priest gets some really cool shit but he's quite a bit slower than everyone else.

Post by Fehafare (9,561 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

Can't play it from Europe...

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,342 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Hmm, I'm interest in this game. But I'm not a MMO type of guy

For anyone who don't know DFO, here a review of it

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

i can't play it , i live in Peru T_T

@Fehafare: @SilverGalford: I'm surprised that the game is region-locked. You'd think that a F2P game would want as many people playing and buying stuff as possible.

@Destinyheroknight: I you like beat-em-ups, it's really good. It's not really a MMO like how WoW and stuff is. The maximum number of people in your game session is 4 and you can play the whole game solo with the only MMO stuff being that you can see other players when you're in the hub to buy stuff or get missions.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Fun game, but nexon's poor as fuck customer service pretty much makes it unplayable for me.  More specifically, their own security issues that allows passwords to get leaked out has led to many, me included to have our pinpads triggered by hacking attempts, locking the account down.  Sounds good and all until you realize the pinpad reset procedure doesn't actually work.  After waiting a few weeks without result, I was done with the game.

It warrants adding that this came just a few months after the infamous thief patch that accidentally flagged a good portion of the player base as "suspicious", leading to zero drops for the entire party when in the dungeon with such a player (this includes both drops from mobs as well as gold and items gotten from the reward cards).  After over a month of waiting, all issues were mysteriously resolved without any official word recognizing the problem.  So yeah, fuck Nexon.

@Turambar:

I've never had any problems, but I haven't played in a few months. Been playing all day today though, been a lot of fun. Almost got my Fighter(striker) to 30.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@rubberluffy said:

@Turambar:

I've never had any problems, but I haven't played in a few months. Been playing all day today though, been a lot of fun. Almost got my Fighter(striker) to 30.

Logged on just now after half a year of inactivity.  Oh hey, my account got hacked.  All potions and avatars (2 full sets of Rare Avas and 4 full sets of Adv avas) are gone.  I guess the game decided for me whether I should go back or not.  Ironically, my main Exorcist's weapon, a +14 basis master, was intact.  I guess the hacker wasn't the biggest dick?
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,342 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@sickVisionz:

I you like beat-em-ups, it's really good. It's not really a MMO like how WoW and stuff is. The maximum number of people in your game session is 4 and you can play the whole game solo with the only MMO stuff being that you can see other players when you're in the hub to buy stuff or get missions.

Well, one of the things I don't like about MMO game because of all the fetch quest and kill the same enemies. I lose interest if there no story to get me through it

I might check it out

I was looking for another game like this to play and I stumbled across two games that are pretty good.

Rusty Hearts and Vindictus. The graphics in both of them are pretty good (like better than a PS2 game but not quite at PS3 levels) and they run on pretty basic hardware. These three (counting DFO) are probably the closest I've come to a RPG that is essentially Bayonetta with status effects and skill trees. The RPG stuff that I'd like (mainly story and dialog choices) is pretty bad, but the combat is a ton of fun in both of them so far. Rusty Hearts is probably the best since it's anime style and everything is crazy over the top but Vindictus is pretty cool because it's more brutal. These are my first F2P games and I'm pretty amazed that I'm getting these Bayonetta-like experiences without having to pay a single penny for them.

I'd be awesome if these devs could either get their story game right or if they could get partnered up with someone like SquareEnix or Tri-[Insert Noun] to make all the action elements of an action JRPG. These games get the action part down packed and awesome but man the story is like non-existent. Those other companies get the story stuff right, but man their "action" rpgs have easily some of the worst combat to ever be in a video game.

Post by jameshood (2 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Yes, I love to play this game, played one week ago online at my pc.

Post by Fehafare (9,561 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@sickVisionz: Rusty Hearts is just amazing, and to be honest the story isn't too shabby if you can get into it.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel