Animevice>Comicvine

Topic started by EVILRYUX2fold on June 24, 2012. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by EVILRYUX2fold (2 posts) See mini bio Level 6

This is my Comicvine acc... I've been a member of CV Since 2006 and I've ran into AV A couple of times... I Like AV More because i don't Run into So many Marvel fanboys like i did on the Jedah vs superman thread (I Was aware of the rules and will be much more complacent here but it was a test thread to simply test their maturity) I grew up with Ryu, Naruto, Goku, Akuma, Pyron, Demitri, Dante, Amaretsu, Arthur, Virgil and more (Im a Huge Capcom fan and Nothing comes close to them) Not all this superman, Spiderman, Arachnoman, Batman, Ironman, Iceman, X men watchmen crap... The only Marvel chars i really knew of were Dorramu and Hulk (Dorramu is awesome but still can't beat Sparda or his children.) Plus there were too many Goku fanboys (All they knew was Goku) And very few knew much more. I also had a Pyron Vs Galactus thread (Don't Comment on this, all im saying is Pyron Won and im Siding with him.) They just felt like nothing was above them and they had to put everyone else down.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,562 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I've noticed this site is a lot better than comicvine for debating anime/manga at least. In comicvine, it seems someone comes up with a little knowledge and everyone just agrees, maybe because they don't know any better.

I've even seen some people from this site who were very average anime debaters debate on comic vine and seemingly lead the masses lol.

Although I would say that there comic skills are superior to ours because they have a far larger community.

Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24

To be fair, you run into less fanboys because the site is kinda dead so there are less people of any type to run into period.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@sickVisionz said:

To be fair, you run into less fanboys because the site is kinda dead so there are less people of any type to run into period.

this

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I have made a similar thread to this already like a over a year ago...

here is the link!

http://www.animevice.com/forums/general-discussion/1/anime-vice-vs-comic-vine/318352/

Post by Sonata (35,424 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I do feel more at home here than I do on CV, but I still go over there every once in a while because I know some of the users over there.
Post by GhostRider29 (176 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Sonata said:

I do feel more at home here than I do on CV, but I still go over there every once in a while because I know some of the users over there.

I've never seen you on CV. Have a different name? Lol

Well I like AV a lot more than CV...

also the users and mods here are great!!

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DBZ_universe said:

I agree.

Post by jazmac (115 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I feel that some moderator's are kinda of....slower...than the ones on comicvine, just my opinion of course.

Post by Nessy (48 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@EVILRYUX2fold said:

This is my Comicvine acc... I've been a member of CV Since 2006 and I've ran into AV A couple of times... I Like AV More because i don't Run into So many Marvel fanboys like i did on the Jedah vs superman thread (I Was aware of the rules and will be much more complacent here but it was a test thread to simply test their maturity) I grew up with Ryu, Naruto, Goku, Akuma, Pyron, Demitri, Dante, Amaretsu, Arthur, Virgil and more (Im a Huge Capcom fan and Nothing comes close to them) Not all this superman, Spiderman, Arachnoman, Batman, Ironman, Iceman, X men watchmen crap... The only Marvel chars i really knew of were Dorramu and Hulk (Dorramu is awesome but still can't beat Sparda or his children.) Plus there were too many Goku fanboys (All they knew was Goku) And very few knew much more. I also had a Pyron Vs Galactus thread (Don't Comment on this, all im saying is Pyron Won and im Siding with him.) They just felt like nothing was above them and they had to put everyone else down.

It's "Dormammu", and he could easily wipe the floor with the entire DMC Universe. Also I don't really see why you would find any "Marvel Fanboys" in a Jedah vs Superman thread.

Lets see, comicvine vs animevice.

Comicvine is more active.

Comicvine is better moderated (Despite ridiculously more active)

I've never seen a Comicvine mod openly insult a poster.

I'll go with Comicvine as I prefer pretty much everything about it except that here I can openly make an Anime vs Comic battle.

Post by niBBit (664 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Remind me why is Anime vs Comics banned on CV? i'm active on that site (same username) but every Anime vs Comic battle gets banned, i heard its because of the huge flamewars in the Superman vs Goku battles is this true?

@niBBit said:

Remind me why is Anime vs Comics banned on CV? i'm active on that site (same username) but every Anime vs Comic battle gets banned, i heard its because of the huge flamewars in the Superman vs Goku battles is this true?

Could be...

like 18 vs Wonder Woman as well....

Post by Kurohige (3,742 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I always liked this site, it's small but I know almost everyone here, makes for a more peaceful and relaxing environment, we still have a dedicated staff to give us updates, and we always have new post and threads. The site went down because a lot of great posters have left thus the debates became more stale and repetitive, on top of that, one of the main attractions of this site were the RP sections and those have died out a bit since we lost a lot of great poster, that or we see them once or twice a month. We used to have a new account come and join at least once a week, sometimes more, and they were always great debaters, contributors and RPers, sadly, not many committed to RP stories and often left without a word, or we would have so many exclusive RPs that no one new or coming back would have the chance to join. However what I thought really made this place shine was the community because even though it was small we had a lot of great people and for the most part everyone was welcome, we hardly had any trolls, we welcomed newcomers, and the debates were subtle for the most part (Unless is was Dragonball z) All in all, I love this site, not saying if it is better than Comic Vine or not because I do go there a lot too (By the name Tradog) but this site does have it's own flare that allows it to stay alive and noticed among the Whiskey sites.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Nessy: "openly insult a poster"? how is that relevant? nobody here does that, an if a mod does do that, he should be reported to staff members or other mods, he is just a user in the end.

anyway, this thread doesn't make sense, the only, the only thing CV is different from AV is activity and one battle thread type. if someone like one better that is a completely subjective opinion.

the only WM site to avoid is Giant Bomb, that place is a troll fest. I tried giving it a chance many times, but didn't work out.

Anime Vice FTW!!!!!

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DBZ_universe said:

Agreed

Post by ohgodwhy (1,562 posts) See mini bio Level 12

The no Anime vs Comic battles there is lame. I imagine CV would be so much better and even more active if they allowed that, they just should have more active mods that get rid of trolls.

Post by MrDirector786 (4,504 posts) See mini bio Level 17

The no anime vs comic battles isn't allowed on comicvine because not only do they cause a lot of flame wars, but there was a time when one mod decided to temporarily lift that rule to see how it goes and he found that a lot of it was actually comic fans who couldn't handle them and constantly bashed the threads as soon as it was made. That, and there were a lot of trolls who got attracted to them. Also, there are a lot of active mods on comicvine but comicvine is a much more active site, and some trolls are very smart and actually follow the rules so they technically can't get banned.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@MrDirector786 said:

The no anime vs comic battles isn't allowed on comicvine because not only do they cause a lot of flame wars, but there was a time when one mod decided to temporarily lift that rule to see how it goes and he found that a lot of it was actually comic fans who couldn't handle them and constantly bashed the threads as soon as it was made.

that was because of Anime fans who intentionally made spite threads e.g batman vs Ginyu Force , Wonder Woman vs Ichigo Kurosaki , and sometimes some of them failed at that , e.g the living tribunal vs chun li? .

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel