Animevice RPG Weekly News 22/02/2014

Topic started by Kuma_From_Argentina on Feb. 22, 2014. Last post by Kuma_From_Argentina 5 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,697 posts) See mini bio Level 13

WHAT'S RPG?

Role Playing Game, at least in a Forum version, is a game in which you use your imagination and a character sheet to tell and play your part in stories, either devised by you or by another player. It comes from the Pen and Paper RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons. In the forum we played on a joint Universe we call Viceverse, that is basically like our world but adding every trope, stereotype or genre that the players use for their characters. Its Anime Styled, so the characters are more akin to Anime Heroes or Villains than Western Super Hero, but there are exceptions. We play through text, no dice, no points, just pure narrative, there is a tight set of rules to avoid any injust advantage for any player.

Main Blog

Welcome to the first edition of Animevice RPG Weekly News! I’m Kuma_from_Argentina, I have been an RP player here for 3 years and member of the 2 Class of the Hall of Fame. These blogs will serve to showcase the talents of our resident writers and invite more to join up as players. Let’s start today with a kick rundown of the World of the Vice or Viceverse, the shared universe by all the players to fight, live and have adventures on.

The Current Viceverse is the Third one, after two different reboots. Most of the characters are what you could call street-level, or at least started that way and through a year of threads, fights and character development some got stronger. One of the main concepts in this incarnation is the Hidden World, what is the Hidden World? Is a term to classify all super or inhuman events and individuals in the world, like Yokai, Demons, Angels, Aliens, Martial Artist with Ki, Mages, etc.

There are some groups handled by players that serve as the cushion between the Human World and the Hidden World, like FABLE operating in USA, MI13 operates in UK and the JHWAB based on Japan. There are also organizations like the BHA that serve as another focus points for player that want to serve as bounty hunters. We also have a Magic School and a Martial Arts School to cater to every taste. Yet these organizations are optional and you can have your own wandering warrior, mage, gunslinger, etc, running around and causing mayhem. You can also create your own groups with their own specific goal and theme.

We have a small yet tight community of players that are constantly connected and improving the overall experience of the forums, as I write this we are working on a new achievement system for the threads. We have several threads open filled with awesome writers and awesome characters, and surely more to come. All you need to know is that with every passing month our canon grows stronger and more organized, allowing new players to get into the action quite easily, we indexed all the threads that are part of the canon here, and we are organizing all the information of current events here.

Just swing by to check out the threads and stay if you ever wanted to write your own anime styled character, with amazing powers and even more amazing stories to tell. From this week onwards, every Sunday I’ll post a new edition of this blog, with all the news and all the info you need to do, we will include character and writer features so you can know the characters of the world and those who handle them. Any doubts you can PM me or ask your question in the comments below!

Check our oficial rules and the useful threads for new players here.

Some of the Current Threads in the RPG Section

A Certain Girl Named Clare: A follow up to a previous thread, exploring the mental state of one of the character that just lost his fiancé

Capital of the Underworld: A fabled criminal city built under Japan, dominated by 4 Crime Bosses.

Inazuma Gakuen: A school for Martial Artists where the strong come to become stronger.

Bunkbeds: One of the characters is looking for new roommates in a London Flat, hilarity ensues.

Taken: The adopted daughter of a character has been kidnapped, now he and one of his pals is going to get her back.

Oh Son Where Art Thou? : One of our characters ends up with a bounty over his head, posted by his parents, and many bounty hunters, passing fighters and others want to take it.

Holy Grail Rebellion: Non-Canon Thread set on an alternative version of the Nasuverse. It showcases a conflict of Servants inside the Throne of Heroes.

Post by takashichea (11,738 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Awesome job!

You should try posting questions on the Vice Pit Question Thread. I remember Tom and Sam did Vice Pit videos on the battles. It's not hard core, but it's a nod towards the battle forums. Who knows? The staff might do a RPG take for the Vice Pit. Just keep on making your voice loud.

@takashichea: Cool thanks!

Post by Vapovile (1,917 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Interesting post. I have had some prior experience RPing on other forums, but they seem to be a bit more casual than AV's. What my question is that; do some topics tell a story from a completely different setting? An example would be in another forum I RPed from, we had many different RP categories that all made separate characters for; an anime inspired one, a technological one, and a daily life one with normal humans. So does AV have one world and we all have the same characters on it, or are there different worlds with different rules?

I am interested in the RPG section, so if I know what's going on, I'll dive into the action :D.

@Vapovile:

We currently support threads that come from Anime Worlds, that dont affect the main canon, one as such is Holy Grail Rebellion, set on the Nasuverse Throne of Heroes, despicting a battle royale of several groups, each player having three servants under their command while trying to conquer terrain. This one is about to end, but a Vice Grail War will start, in which players use a Master and a Servant, but teaming up with other players, meaning they cant play with the Servant and its master.

The main Viceverse supports any kind of origin, like technological ones, magical ones and etc. Imagine it like a Crossover Game of several animes, as most of the character could be the protagonist or antagonist of their own series. We have a Gentleman Thief with Mysterious Power, a Hot-Blooded Super Boxer, a Emperor of an Alien Empire in the making, a Criokinetic wandering warrior and so on. Crime Lords, Demons, Mercenaries, Western-styled Gunslingers with electrical powers. All sharing the same universe.

I'll cook up a short description of the threads currently active and the soon to start on this blog and edited in tomorrow.

Post by Vapovile (1,917 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Ah ok, so what I gather is that there can be some non-canon stories that deviate from the formula a little bit, but in terms of the main canon, everyone shares the same universe and interacts with everyone else's characters in an anime style. If I am missing anything important, just let me know.

Well in that case, I will start looking through all the rules and see what sort of character I can cook up.

@Vapovile:

You got it right.

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

A suggestion for you if you have time. You don't need to do this if you don't like it. I would like to see a list or picture of your group of RPG buddies. Your banner does give me the visual. It will introduce your buddies to newcomers. Your buddies can talk with them. That would make your blog more personal and attract more folks. It will build that sense of kinship more.

@takashichea: I was planning to make features of players and characters with each passing Blog, I said it in the Blog itself. The first one was an introduction.

"I’ll post a new edition of this blog, with all the news and all the info you need to do, we will include character and writer features so you can know the characters of the world and those who handle them."

Some characters have original art I managed to get them so I will possibly start with those users and those players first, or mix one and one.

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

Oh my bad. I wasn't reading clearly. Thanks for the correction.

@takashichea: No problem

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,837 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Not going to lie Im kinda piss Crow isn't on the title card...jk jk I love this idea this is why I love writing on Animevice we are a community that supports each other and good writing :)

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Next Week Samjaz and you will get a feature, with their respetive main and secondary characters with images, basically and interview

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,837 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kuma_From_Argentina: lol dude I was just teasing I think Samjaz should get a feature. And I don't know if you considered doing this but maybe some tips or something would be a nice feature to the blog.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo said:

maybe some tips or something would be a nice feature to the blog.

That would be a good idea. It help beginners and newcomers who never know about RPG. I was confused and didn't know what questions to ask about the RPG thread since all details will be reveal like the Reboot later on in future RPG news blogs. I was curious about the Reboot since I normally see in comic books. However, I haven't read enough comic books to experience the pros and cons of Reboots.

@takashichea: Added a short description about RP

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel