Animevice riddled with bugs, "WILL THEY EVER BE FIXED"?

Topic started by haseo_yashimora on June 3, 2013. Last post by haseo_yashimora 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,755 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Sonata: I bet it will.

Post by Sonata (35,640 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@DBZ_universe: Maybe if I get to 50,000 posts;)

@Sonata: That would be like in 2 years...

@DBZ_universe: Happy 30th B-day to me!:P

@Sonata: LOL

You would have the Platinum Hammer!

Post by Bigheart711 (4,186 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@Sonata: Most of it was for fun, but web and graphic design are in my plate now since a lot of web content comes from that department nowadays.

@DBZ_universe: LOL it bans them and their descendants with one swingXD

@Sonata said:

@DBZ_universe: LOL it bans them and their descendants with one swingXD

LMAO

@Bigheart711 said:

@Sonata: Most of it was for fun, but web and graphic design are in my plate now since a lot of web content comes from that department nowadays.

Thats awesome its something I've been wanted to get into as well (Graphic Design):) 

@DBZ_universe:  

@Sonata: LOL

This is me if I become mod...

@DBZ_universe: LOL you have to make sure they have no escape. Corner them like a diseased raccoon and put them out of their misery XD
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Sonata: LMFAO but ya sadly ill be making my sword group with this account :/

@Sonata: That was just the warning! I grow X10 when someone really crosses the line.

@haseo_yashimora: Understandable I'll know it will be you :) 

@DBZ_universe:  

Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Sonata: :b

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,357 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Sigh...I am hardly ever active anymore on AV, sadly. Working two jobs and trying to establish myself successfully in the world has really put a damper on what free time I used to have, thus resulting in me hardly being active on AV anymore. I feel that I have not been performing my duties as a Forum Moderator to the best of my abilities due to my busy scheduling and it pains me knowing that I can not be there for the community that has come to rely on me to help them out in times of need. Perhaps it is time that I step aside and let someone who would be more active take my place in order to keep AV safe from trolls, spammers, and spam bots that take aim at this wonderful community.

Oddly enough, I still feel somewhat at fault for the whole Makoto debacle that took place back when it popped up several years ago. He was a nice guy, but had a quirky side to him that would easily get on my nerves and most likely led to one or two unreasonable exchanges via PM that sent him into a fit against our site which ultimately resulted in his ban from the site. It took me until now to think back on it and realize that it could have turned out differently had I not been so "eager" to flex my Moderator muscle back in those early days of being a Forum Mod. I never did apologize to him for what went down, but I will say that I am sorry that it turned out the way that it did.

Consider this my official resignation from the post of AnimeVice Forum Mod. I can no longer do my duties due to my schedule and the lack of being active here on AV. It is high time that someone who is more active on here can assist Sonata in the never-ending struggle with trolls, spammers, and spam bots who dare to ruin our wonderful community with their pointless flaming, spam, or other nonsense that emerges in the forums on a regular basis.

Hopes:

@takashichea: As for a new Forum Mod, I have no preferences as to who takes my place. I would love, however, to see fellow AV wiki editor Takashichea (you) become a Wiki Mod here on AnimeVice, mainly due to the fantastic work and the amount of devotion that he (you) has put into this site ever since he began working on the database. It was an honor working with him (you) on one or two projects that we teamed up on, and seeing him (you) achieve that status (Wiki Mod) would be a truly awesome thing to see. His (Your) work in the database rivals that of FoxxFireArt, our greatest member, the lone soul who has cracked the 1,000,000 Point mark and the man who has helped this site flourish with his features and tireless wiki work day after day.

@Sonata: In the terms of seeing a new staff member for the site, I would love to see Sonata (you) promoted to the rank of Staff. His/Her (Your...not 100% sure on gender, since I never asked) dedication to the site and AV community over the years is nothing short of amazing and they (you) would make an excellent addition to the Staff roster here on AV.

The Future:

As for me, this is not the end. I will still be here on AnimeVice (in a reduced roll, active every now and then from time to time making small edits, writing blog features, and posting in the forums). It was an honor to be apart of the Moderator staff for the roughly 2 to 3 years that it lasted with me on the roster. Sure, the site isn't as active as it once was and some of the great members that were apart of this community over the years have either passed onto other things in life or have become inactive on AV, but this community still thrives, mainly due to the tireless effort of the dedicated wiki editors and the awesome members who keep the site going with features, special reviews, and other things that keeps AV going. Keep an eye out...you just never know when I will come back to this wonderful community.

This is ShadowKnight508, AnimeVice Forum Moderator, Wiki Editor, and Proud AV Member signing off for now. Until we meet again (perhaps several months from now), farewell.

@Sonata:

@ShadowKnight508: I hate too see you leave here you are a great member of the site, but I understand your Real Life obligations too.
Post by takashichea (13,862 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@ShadowKnight508:

You don't have to resign. You can check once a month. I think that you can still manage your time. I was a cabinet member of a cultural club. I know one of our members was so busy with work, school, and club roles. She still make to our meeting each month for five minutes or so.

If you have to, I bid you good luck in your endeavors. Thanks for everything. You mean a lot to Anna and I with your contribution to Beelzebub.

@ShadowKnight508: It was really awesome to have you as a mod here in the Vice.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel