AnimeVice: CLEARLY OVER 9000

Topic started by Kuro on Dec. 6, 2008. Last post by Baku_Sensei 6 years ago.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Kuro said:
"It's not that I think the RPing is bad in general, it brings in users, but I think there needs to better filters for it. See what Gia said. I didnt' once say RPing itself was bad."
Don't be so apologetic, you made a good point and most people got it. Sometimes you just have to roll your eyes and ignore the people whose heads it went waaaay over.

What part of LOLDONGS didn't they understand? =)
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
gia said:
"Kado said:
Are you kidding it is a site for anime and RPG just as the other. If I want to do anime i will, if i want to do rpging I will. I dont think its fair how you blame us for doing waht we do best"
Just for the record...this isn't really an "RP site" per se. We're happy to have it on the forums as users want, but it's not really the focus of the site...^^;"
so is the focus of the site to just make wiki submissions
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Slinger said:
"Kuro said:
"It's not that I think the RPing is bad in general, it brings in users, but I think there needs to better filters for it. See what Gia said. I didnt' once say RPing itself was bad."
Don't be so apologetic, you made a good point and most people got it. Sometimes you just have to roll your eyes and ignore the people whose heads it went waaaay over.

What part of LOLDONGS didn't they understand? =)"
yup thats what i do to most A-holes
Desisashi said:
"so is the focus of the site to just make wiki submissions"
What would be the point of that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the purpose of the site is to provide a community to people who want to learn about and discuss anime/manga, and to provide a well of information for them to draw upon. Wiki submits are important, but not the purpose. They are more like the means to the end.

At least that's how I interpret it.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Desisashi said:
I would say that the focus of the site is to be a destination for in-depth information on anime/manga/Jpop culture. You've got my news posts to keep you updated on what's going on, as well as my access into the industry-- I think of myself as sort of a bridge between the users and the people who are making the stuff, and I always try to get answers to users' questions. On top of that you have an information cycle through the wiki: you plug in the information you have, and other people plug in the information that you want, and eventually we have most of the information right here in one handy spot.

There's a secondary focus, but only slightly secondary, which is social in nature. You come to the site, you post on the forums, write a blog and reviews, roleplay, and (dun-da-dunn!) make friends. Granted, it's not as sophisticated a social networking structure as MySpace or Facebook, but it's still a great way to meet people with similar interests.

That all make sense?
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
gia said:
"Desisashi said:
I would say that the focus of the site is to be a destination for in-depth information on anime/manga/Jpop culture. You've got my news posts to keep you updated on what's going on, as well as my access into the industry-- I think of myself as sort of a bridge between the users and the people who are making the stuff, and I always try to get answers to users' questions. On top of that you have an information cycle through the wiki: you plug in the information you have, and other people plug in the information that you want, and eventually we have most of the information right here in one handy spot.

There's a secondary focus, but only slightly secondary, which is social in nature. You come to the site, you post on the forums, write a blog and reviews, roleplay, and (dun-da-dunn!) make friends. Granted, it's not as sophisticated a social networking structure as MySpace or Facebook, but it's still a great way to meet people with similar interests.

That all make sense?"
well if the focus is partially on submissions than i;'m good for now, got 5,000+ !
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Damn Gia, so professional.

Also, thanks alot Slinger!
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Professional Gia saddens me. But yea, just to reiterate, the site's focus is on the anime, with the wiki supplementing the anime/manga community.
What's wrong with professional Gia? In the right moments, of course. <_<
I just feel bad making inappropriate comments when you're being professional.
Post by AlexanderAnderson (23 posts) See mini bio Level 3

LOL Thank you this noob now understands the title of this thread.
Post by Dawnwalker (1,663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
gia said:
"It would be kind of nice if there were more ways to filter the forums-- like maybe make it so that when you hit the Forums button, only threads of the type you select are shown, or something along those lines. Not that I mind seeing the RP threads in and of themselves, but it'd be nice to let the lines they take up be filled with other threads. (And I'm sure people who are primarily interested in RP threads might want to make it so by default they ONLY see RP thraeds, etc.)

Dunno if that's possible, but if it sounds interesting I'll keep it in mind when we start looking at adding on features...once everything we CURRENTLY have is working, of course. :)"
Isn't that exactly what the "My Favorite" board is for?
Dawnwalker said:
"Isn't that exactly what the "My Favorite" board is for?"
Yea, that's how I've got it set up myself. Favorite'd General, Manga, Anime, and Off-topic.
Dawnwalker, yeah, but it'd be nice if it was the default view, from a sheer convenience standpoint. ;)
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Look what you've done, Kuro.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Look what i've done,  Kuro.
Loot what Eb's mom has done, Kuro
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel