AnimeVice: CLEARLY OVER 9000

Topic started by Kuro on Dec. 6, 2008. Last post by Baku_Sensei 6 years ago.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Animevice has been officially launched for two days, and holy crap! The second after it officially launched, users flocked. Within two days, we already have several users here with HUNDREDS of posts, and atleast one thread with over 1000. animeOnline was never this active. I was it's most active user, and had under 500 posts in 4 months. The way things have picked up so quickly hurts my head. Now, to be fair, alot of the forum activity is RPing which is fine and all, but I feel that it kind of takes away from the actual anime discusion.  THERE ARE ALOT OF THOSE THREADS, LOTS LOTS LOTS! Still though, the community and site user base is growing, expodentially, which is a very good thing.

...Damn RPers...
LOLDONGS
Kuro
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Kuro lol , you should be saying Damn to me. i'm pretty much only in RPGing and i'm the top poster, hate me. I wish i was in to anime super much but that isn't me .
Hahaha, It's cool. It's not that RP threads are bad persay, I just wish some of the other threads were as active, yanno! It's not your fault or anything.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
It won't be long before the battles become the annoyance. As the site grows I'm certain there'll be more on-topic content though.
Kuro said:
"Hahaha, It's cool. It's not that RP threads are bad persay, I just wish some of the other threads were as active, yanno! It's not your fault or anything."

don't worry bout it. most of the CVers came here for RPGing, when the site picks up many people will want to jump to manga and stuff.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I agree. It's growing so fast, it's hard to keep up and gives me a headache. The forums in particular are hard to follow with their set up. Still, it's cool to see this place grow so quickly.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Seems to me that it would work better if all the RP stuff was its own site.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
It would be kind of nice if there were more ways to filter the forums-- like maybe make it so that when you hit the Forums button, only threads of the type you select are shown, or something along those lines. Not that I mind seeing the RP threads in and of themselves, but it'd be nice to let the lines they take up be filled with other threads. (And I'm sure people who are primarily interested in RP threads might want to make it so by default they ONLY see RP thraeds, etc.)

Dunno if that's possible, but if it sounds interesting I'll keep it in mind when we start looking at adding on features...once everything we CURRENTLY have is working, of course. :)
It would be a great help.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I don't like rping. I've never been a fan of it. I tried it before when I was thirteen and I didn't like it then. I tried it semi-recently and I still don't like it.

I hope we can do something like gia said. That would be great.
I really feel bad for choking your forums everyone. Until they are able to find a way to filter the threads better, the best advice I could possibly give is to create new threads! Also, I'm sure any Giantbomb users know this already, but, on the left side of the page you can click on the main forums (General Discussion, Off-Topic, etc) individually and get only threads in those particular forums. If you want to check multiple forums at once (ie all but the RPG forums) you can always add all of them to your favorites and click the My Favorites link.
Slinger, Don't feel bad-- they should be used for what people wanna use 'em for! ^_^ But if that can be done in a way that doesn't get in the way of anyone else's stuff, that's always great. (And it goes both ways, of course; we don't want to get in the way of the RPing either.)
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Kuro said:
"Animevice has been officially launched for two days, and holy crap! The second after it officially launched, users flocked. Within two days, we already have several users here with HUNDREDS of posts, and atleast one thread with over 1000. animeOnline was never this active. I was it's most active user, and had under 500 posts in 4 months. The way things have picked up so quickly hurts my head. Now, to be fair, alot of the forum activity is RPing which is fine and all, but I feel that it kind of takes away from the actual anime discusion.  THERE ARE ALOT OF THOSE THREADS, LOTS LOTS LOTS! Still though, the community and site user base is growing, expodentially, which is a very good thing.

...Damn RPers...
LOLDONGS
Kuro"

yup i agree
Well, I don't feel that bad. lol

Anyway, I've said it before, but I hope that everybody feels comfortable here if nothing else.
gia said:
"It would be kind of nice if there were more ways to filter the forums-- like maybe make it so that when you hit the Forums button, only threads of the type you select are shown, or something along those lines. Not that I mind seeing the RP threads in and of themselves, but it'd be nice to let the lines they take up be filled with other threads. (And I'm sure people who are primarily interested in RP threads might want to make it so by default they ONLY see RP thraeds, etc.)

Dunno if that's possible, but if it sounds interesting I'll keep it in mind when we start looking at adding on features...once everything we CURRENTLY have is working, of course. :)"
well if it's possible mabe the idea of just having us RPGers having to go to the RPG section to see if things are active. 'Cause honestly i don't look at Newest Topics, i go straight to Off-Topic, Battle, or RPG .
gia said:
"Slinger, Don't feel bad-- they should be used for what people wanna use 'em for! ^_^ But if that can be done in a way that doesn't get in the way of anyone else's stuff, that's always great. (And it goes both ways, of course; we don't want to get in the way of the RPing either.)"
 Yeah , well it's still good to be everywhere, this site isn't only about RPGing, it's about hanging around with other people ,talking about Anime/Mange , etc. so if it can happen try to excamunicate RPGing from the Newest Topics, it would help others and wouldnt' bother me to the least bit. Then again you'll have to ask the other RPers but mostly we are all just laid back chillers.
Post by Kado (227 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Kuro said:
"Animevice has been officially launched for two days, and holy crap! The second after it officially launched, users flocked. Within two days, we already have several users here with HUNDREDS of posts, and atleast one thread with over 1000. animeOnline was never this active. I was it's most active user, and had under 500 posts in 4 months. The way things have picked up so quickly hurts my head. Now, to be fair, alot of the forum activity is RPing which is fine and all, but I feel that it kind of takes away from the actual anime discusion.  THERE ARE ALOT OF THOSE THREADS, LOTS LOTS LOTS! Still though, the community and site user base is growing, expodentially, which is a very good thing.

...Damn RPers...
LOLDONGS
Kuro"
Are you kidding it is a site for anime and RPG just as the other. If I want to do anime i will, if i want to do rpging I will. I dont think its fair how you blame us for doing waht we do best
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Kado said:
Are you kidding it is a site for anime and RPG just as the other. If I want to do anime i will, if i want to do rpging I will. I dont think its fair how you blame us for doing waht we do best"
Seems to be more of a thing that this site, to me at least, feels more anime oriented that RP, yet the forum activity is mostly comprised of RP activity. I can see where Kuro is coming from, in saying that it takes away from the anime community in this respect. Rather than takes away from, it overshadows it, maybe even suffocating it. Once I learned to ignore the "Newest Topics" tab, though, things have been alright for me.
It's not that I think the RPing is bad in general, it brings in users, but I think there needs to better filters for it. See what Gia said. I didnt' once say RPing itself was bad.
Kado said:
Are you kidding it is a site for anime and RPG just as the other. If I want to do anime i will, if i want to do rpging I will. I dont think its fair how you blame us for doing waht we do best"
Just for the record...this isn't really an "RP site" per se. We're happy to have it on the forums as users want, but it's not really the focus of the site...^^;
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel