Anime Vice turntable room - Come and Rock the Dragon!

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on June 20, 2011. Last post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto 3 years ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hey, so there's this crazy social music service... thing called turntable. A bunch of people DJ while everyone listens, chats and has a good time. Think of it as an internet night club, except without all the sweaty people and bad dancing you get in a real club. And getting drunk while taking part is totally optional.

It looks something like this
It looks something like this

I made an Anime Vice room here

If you aren't already, you need to be on Facebook and be friends with someone who has access.

If it's not letting you in, try logging out of Facebook and back in again, if that doesn't work just try again later.

So come and join in and listen to crazy Japanese music you don't understand the words to! Woo!

Edit: At some point they made this service US-only so I've removed the link to my Facebook page. If anyone would like to offer theirs so more people can get it on this, leave a link below, thanks.

Post by Sonata (35,097 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Newten: Awesome I should put in a request for "You wa SHOCK!" next timeXD

Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

It's only a mater of time that someone starts playing something racist.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,340 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I added you! I'll have to give it a listen sometime and throw in some of my stuff. I have like 300 anime songs :)
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17
this is awesome, but we need to make a set time. ever since the first night, every time I log on, it's empty.
also, if it isn't done yet, please anchor this topic.

@Halberdierv2: Yeah, the thread is pinned in off-topic.

If you guys want to set a time for this stuff feel free, I'll probably be on at some point today. My best advise is to let people know on twitter when you're on, that's what most people seem to be doing.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Newten: I feel good with about 23.00 GMT as a good starting time (should be around 6-7pm in eastern North America), so it feels more "nightclubbish".
Post by Bigheart711 (3,667 posts) See mini bio Level 21
It still doesn't seem to work for me and I got added by 3 users. Do they have to be online there in order for me to get in!?
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Cool...I will have to check it out and crank out some of my anime/VOCALOID music perhaps after listening to some of the content xD

@Bigheart711: Just try until it works, it took me a while to get it to work.

@Newten: Finally got in. Thanks for the notice.
Post by Theresonlyone (91 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Just added him (Hi i'm Rob) i'm in the deadzone while my fb updates. Needless to say my collection of anime opening songs, nu metal, game soundtracks, eminem songs and the Game of Thrones opening will get me kicked pretty quickly.

Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Sounds interesting, but I'll have to pass, don't have a facebook account, and really don't care to make one.
Post by wayintothe7thart (1,079 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@ThePsychoGamer said:
Sounds interesting, but I'll have to pass, don't have a facebook account, and really don't care to make one.
I with PsychoGamer.

This wont end well:

I'm the mod of the Anime Vice turntable.fm room again. I have a few rules when I'm calling the shots:

1. No Anime Music. If you play anime music I WILL BOOT YOU!
  2. If it doesn't have autotune you can't play it. I WILL BOOT YOU IF YOU VIOLATE THIS RULE!
  3. Anything I play must be voted up...OR I WILL BOOT YOU!
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
It says it's only available to the US.
 I will now blame this on the government. *shakes fist at Stephen Harper*

@Superevil225: Due to new licensing rules (blame the RIAA) turntable is bound by the same rules as Pandora which also is US only now.

It appears that the very first guy that gets in the room gets to be a Mod of said room. Is it only one person, or does it only allow up to the first three people?

Man, sucks that it's US-only now. I can't join in any more. You're on your own guys, feel free to organise times and what-not amongst yourselves.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel