Alcohol

Topic started by Mortein on March 22, 2011. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by Nevermind (942 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I drink socially now. If I'm at a party or out on the town I will always drink, but never to get drunk. When you were underage that shit was cool. Now you just look like a jackass.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Nevermind said:
" I drink socially now. If I'm at a party or out on the town I will always drink, but never to get drunk. When you were underage that shit was cool. Now you just look like a jackass. "
YMMV, it might not be "cool" it is always funny
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I don't drink alcohol. Why? My body's a temple, I like to keep it that way.

ND
Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Newdeath said:
"I don't drink alcohol. Why? My body's a temple, I like to keep it that way.

ND
"

This.

Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Pretty often, alcohol is VERY common here, and is a part of social activities whether you want to or not.  If my boss tells me to come drinking after work with him, it's not something I can turn down.  Many people have a low tolerance, but I know of very people who just say they don't drink at all here.  The legal age in Japan is TECHNICALLY 20, but it's hardly ever enforced really.  Most social activities and get togethers tend to be drinking parties (nomikai, literally 'drinking meeting') with groups of people.  It's just a core part of the culture.

My tolerance is pretty exceptionally high, so I get lightly intoxicated...maybe weekly, but downright wasted is very very rare.  Maybe once a year (I think my last time was my 23rd birthday or so).  It just takes too much for me, so unless it's a nomihoudai (all you can drink buffet) it just isn't affordable for me to.  My preferred beverages are whiskey, nihonshu, shochu (soju), and beer, in roughly that order.  Umeshu is okay in sparing amounts, but gets too sweet.  I cannot drink tequila, as that will make me drunk VERY fast.  

On the upside, drunk driving is pretty uncommon, because you can just always take the train, so that is rarely a problem.      But I do enjoy drinking, it's a core part of the culture here, and I can't really imagine a lot of the social activities here without it.  
Post by Dream (7,741 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I don't drink alcohol either, though I've come across a number of situations in college alcohol-related with anyone in my lounge.
-While I was still into the game, I played Yu-gi-oh against one of my lounge mates while he was tipsy from drinking.
-Had to wind up paying a portion of a fine from damages from a hole being punched into the bathroom of my lounge during my sophomore year. During that time, my lounge was mostly filled with student-athletes who quite often liked to have drinking parties. One of the guys they invited got a bit too overexcited from drinking too much and was responsible for the hole made.
-Had a roommate who was hospitalized overnight because of an alcoholic overdose.
-Was playing a drinking game during the middle of a party. Only difference was since everyone knew I didn't want to drink, they had no problem with me playing without getting a sip.
-Had a roommate who got depressed while drunk because he didn't have a girlfriend. He got so worked up over it, he kept kicking the top bunk of the bunk bed in his dorm until one side of the bed gave way and collapsed on the other bed.
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Newdeath said:
"I don't drink alcohol. Why? My body's a temple, I like to keep it that way.

ND
"

Win.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
i drink very moderately. i enjoy a beer but i have not gotten wasted since college. i dont see the point of getting in a state like that
Post by killermike (321 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I drink every now and then but never to the point were I'm throwing up and passing out 
Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Got lots of stories...... but am not telling..... but when I drink I start to read mangas for no reason or I drink more..... I drink the good stuff only such as Patron, Tequila, Vodka, ect..... but not Beer I think its nasty....
Post by Nathaniel_Amplifier (24 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I dont drink, im not even gonna drink on my 21st
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Nathaniel_Amplifier: LAME, DUDER. LAME.
Post by Feral_Nova (1,863 posts) See mini bio Level 12

How often do you drink it?: Never (took a sip of a drink once, haven’t tried it since)

How often do you get drunk?: Never

How often do you get wasted?: Never

Why? Because I see enough reasons not to drink working in the Emergency Room. Plus, it’s really gross.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

How often do I drink? Like once a month.

How often do I get drunk? Never. I am a heavy drinker and can handle my alcohol very well.

How often do I get wasted? Never, again I can handle myself.

Why? Well I drink just celebrate something or just cause I wanna own people in shots lol.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel