A surpise visitor to my kitchen[gastropod warning]

Topic started by Void_Wizard on June 10, 2009. Last post by John_Martone 5 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I went down to my kitchen and was greeted by a slug. I quickly put him outside where he belonged! :)

So, has anything every happened like this to you before?
Post by Sonata (35,342 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Usually during the summer I get crickets in my basement.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I would have passed out. I have quite a bad phobia towards insects, and creepy things.
Post by Deacon_Sephiroth (950 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Bees come in when I open the door.... SO MANY BEES
Deacon_Sephiroth said:
Bees come in when I open the door.... SO MANY BEES
I recommend hiring an exterminator or something. @_@
That might solve the problem for a while, but they wait outside every door and window in big swarsm and my house sounds like an airport runway with all the humming and buzzing, they swarm into my house by the thousands and live in my dogs mouth so that when my dog barks bees shoot out in small clusters like shotgun blasts. We put a muzzle on the dog but the bees flew out her ears and that made her try and chase the sound so she ran in a cirlce spewing bees like a sprinkler, and it ruined the walls and the paintings, and the tapestries, so live with special tennis rackets and try to destroy the clusters of bees the barks out instead, it's not a big deal but these bees are a rare breed of Tazmanian RAPING BEES and they want my body and they won't take no for an answer!!!!
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Void_Wizard: Yesterday 2 mating moths on my wall i released those outside and a rather huge spider so yeah i get them alot^^
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
oooo I used to play with slugs a lot when I was a kid! We rarely had slugs specfically but when there were any in my garden, I would play with them. (I must be in a weird minority of little girls playing with bugs?) BANNNNAAAANA SLUUUUGs are awesome.

Anywho, the only buggy/small/"disgusting" thing that enters this house are ants and spiders... those are boring to watch.
Deacon_Sephiroth said:
That might solve the problem for a while, but they wait outside every door and window in big swarsm and ... [more]
That's not original or funny, I'd prefer it if you don't post anything ever again in my threads.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I've found silverfish in my bathroom before. (you know, those bugs that look like centipedes except smaller)

Well, that and this weird black crow seems to be stalking my house...
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
We've had rats and fed them to cats , very interesting to watch... Slugs are salted on sight , roaches deserve no less then the electic fly swatter
Void_Wizard said:
Deacon_Sephiroth said: That might solve the problem for a while, but they wait outside every door and window in big ... [more]
let me know how that works out for you.
Post by Lunarmoth (193 posts) See mini bio Level 5
From my youth bugs use to bug me a lot, like most kids. But from being outside lot I find them really cool or as fish bait. In any case slugs are really a strange animal. As Nerx suggest if you have problems with them salt is a good tool to use to get rid of them. But if you not bug by them just grab it and trow it outside.
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Sonata: Oooh we had crickets in the basement of the house we lived in last year too. They'd make their way upstairs or the cat would bring them up. She would play with them before trying to eat them. They drove me nuts because of their chirping and Baku to tears because they were bugs.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Cook it! That'll teach all who dare come in its wake....

In seriousness though I don't think I can remember the last time I've seen a slug
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel