Surprise! Nippon Ichi Licenses Toradora (And More)!

Topic started by gia on Feb. 11, 2010. Last post by DeviousRobert 4 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Merry Christmas!
 Merry Christmas!
What a great thing to wake up to in the morning: a new North American anime localizer! Gamers-- especially those who dig titles like Phantom Brave, Disgaea, and others --are probably already familiar with Nippon Ichi Software America, the North American branch of the popular game producer and developer, is now in the anime business!

Not only that, but they've licensed some killer titles, starting with shounen tsundere rom-com Toradora!, Persona anime Persona -trinity soul-, supernatural action mystery Pandora Hearts, and Wagaya no Oinarisama (to be called Our Home's Fox Deity). 

So, what do you think? I know some of you have been waiting for these titles for a while-- but now that they're coming out, and from a brand-new localizer (for anime). What kind of releases do you want to see? Dubs? Bare-bones value releases? Special edition box sets? Online streaming? Go ahead, just throw out your thoughts-- NIS might be watching!   
Post by metalsnakezero (675 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now
Sweet, Toradora, Persona-Trinity soul-, and Wagaya no Oinari-sama are finally coming here. I do wonder if they will dub the shows or just sub them but one thing they must do is release the title half season at a time. What I really want to know is how the hell they got Persona since Atlus not only owns it in Japan but in America as well.
Post by WillyFourEyes (29 posts) See mini bio Level 5
My guess is that these releases will be sub-only. I may check out Toradora, just to see what the fuss is all about.
Post by Miken (87 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Will probably buy Pandora Hearts since I enjoyed that very much...and maybe Persona -trinity soul-? I've been looking for an excuse to watch it anyways.
Post by Matte (181 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Dire financial earnings report for our win!  It's always good to see animes licensed, but it feels a bit like a sports draft at times.  Can Nippon Ichi make the finals w/out Zetsubou Sensei?
Post by MorpheusDreamweaver (93 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I'm interested in Toradora and Pandora Hearts. A season-set release is a must, but I don't really care if they dub the shows. It would be nice if they did, but I'll probably stick with the subtitled version anyway.
Post by JackSukeru (402 posts) See mini bio Level 8
That's interesting, since the american branch was already equipped to translate and get VA's for the english versions of NIS' games they decided to widen their business? That actually sounds like a great idea. 

I also dig NIS, they seem like cool Dood's and I wish them all the luck.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Glad to see Toradora is finally getting licensed.
Post by Oishi_47 (221 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I really hope this means that the Toradora light novels have a shot at getting released. 
Post by kratos1010 (78 posts) See mini bio Level 2
YES!!!! Finally a Toradora license!
Post by Adevanzo (3 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Sub only is fine with me (though I wouldn't mind a dub too), but PLEASE release a physical copy, on DVD. I know streaming is the future, but I still like to have a physical copy of a show I like.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I want Blu-ray not dvds.
Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Seen Toradora and Persona Trinity soul, they were really good.
Post by Netstryke (71 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Johnny, Please introduce our next contestant!

They're the American subsidiary of the game company venturing into the North American Anime market for the first time. Please welcome NIS AAAAAAAmerica!!

NIS America, Welcome to the game! You already have my support with Persona but Toradora pretty much locks it up!
but I suspect that it being based in California, If they choose to dub it,(plz)  they might stay local (BangZoom)
Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I disagree with those who suggest NIS will go sub-only, or at least that they'll go sub-only on *everything*. After all, as localizers they already have dubbing resources for the games, right? I'd bet they'll dub Persona and maybe Toradora at least. Wagaya...probably not, that sounds like a "ilcense we had to get to get the other ones" title. (Aniplex, right? So probably had to in order to get Persona, at least.) I don't know enough about Pandora Hearts to guess there.
Post by sp4cexcowboy (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1

toradora is awesome never seen the other shows but will deff check them out .. i would like to see a dubbed toradora see what its like ..
Post by Matte (181 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Now I want to go play those Disgaea games again to check their dubbed voice work.  Chose the subbed option, and while on the subject more games should give you the option to play at your choice.
Post by TubeOxen (16 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I thought Nippon Ichi Software had some problems with their financial earnings last year? Is it really okay for them to be branching out like this?

Then again, I guess if they don't try it they'll never know if it'll field a profit or not.
Post by DeviousRobert (26 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Toradora?  Awesome.  Persona?  That anime did the games absolutely zero justice.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel