two questions

Topic started by Lemegeton300 on Dec. 10, 2008. Last post by Black_Rose 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
ok so because i have only actively watched anime the last few years i only saw Evangelion this year. 2 questions i would like some opinions on

1. do you think there is anything to be gained from watching the last 2 episodes or are they just total nonsense, and should be avoided completely
2. could you watch Death and Re-birth without having seen the anime and know whats going on. to me it seems like death and re-birth is too confusing without the anime. i got the 2 movies first and then get the anime dvd's from a friend because death and re-birth made no sense.
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
oh man, i dunno about the last 2 episodes, but i know one thing, they are damn creepy. and i've never seen "death and rebirth" or "the end of evangelion"
Bertmasta said:
"oh man, i dunno about the last 2 episodes, but i know one thing, they are damn creepy. and i've never seen "death and rebirth" or "the end of evangelion""
well i watched them and the end of evangelion. curious to see wha peoples opinions are. personally i think eps 25 and 26 are nonsense but at the same time kind of interesting in a weird way
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
LoL finally some people talked about it on veoh they said the writers where on crack during the process XD
Post by Hottness (128 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I never watched this show...is it good?
Post by Kamen_Rider_Kajiki (90 posts) See mini bio Level 4
yeah pretty good untill the last two eps^^
Devilly said:
"LoL finally some people talked about it on veoh they said the writers where on crack during the process XD"
that would make sense, LMAO
Hottness
said:
"I never watched this show...is it good?"
its not as amazing as some people claim but it is a great anime. The first 20 episodes are a good solid mech based show with some good characters(except Shinji, whiny little prick), and in interesting story
the last few episodes and the movie that The End of Evangelion go into seriously weird territory and can be kind of hard to follow whats going on, but it deals with such questions as
the nature of life, and the nature of existence and stuff like that, so if you like that kind of stuff its worth it
Kamen_Rider_Kajiki said:
"yeah pretty good untill the last two eps^^"

lol....did you know that Kamen Rider  is coming to the Kids CW? it looked pretty good...its the dragon Kamen rider series
yep i watched it on Veoh twice then i went back to Ryuki to bring back the good memories XD
sweet i can watch it on veoh, when i get home...is the series over and done already?
Ryuki is Dragon Knight is just starting to air im ready to blow Disney away if they even come a 1 cm closer to DK. XD
Post by Sharp (35 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I started watching Death / Rebirth, but stopped because it seemed like the first half was just going to be a rehash of the last part of the original series.  I've seen most of the cool stuff at the end through various AMVs, anyway.  Lately, I've been considering watching the whole thing, now that it's been so long since I saw the original series.  It might be good to get a refresher before diving into the deep end.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
The last two episodes are what's going on in Shinji's head, while End of Eva is what's happening in reality. They both compliment each other. Death and Rebirth isn't worth it, just get the series and end of eva.
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
The two episodes do not deserve the bad rap they get,
  I think they were great, as is End of Evangelion.
Post by CaptainRiven (6 posts) See mini bio Level 2
The last 2 episodes of the series are actually how the creator wanted it to end. Shinji would accept instrumentalism. People didn't like the ending so they made the movie. People always seem to misinterpret the last 2 episodes to be what is going through Shinji's head during the movie.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
The last two episodes (as well as the second part of The End of Evangelion) deal with the Human Instrumentality Project, so what you seen is basically all human souls merging and at the same time the main characters trying to find out their purpose for existence.

They're absolutely brilliant in every way, they are a lot like an ending of a Kubrick film, always allowing you to make up your own theories about it. And the End of Evangelion is (alongside A Clockwork Orange) my favorite movie of all time. 
Post by orz (114 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I loved this series a lot, but coming down the stretch bored me to death. And IMO, watching just Death and Rebirth isn't going to do it. Not to mention it might turn you off of the series.
Post by MrPopo (11 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Those last two were pretty whack.  It's a good series.  I'd only watch the last ones if you're absolutely hungering for more.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I don't get the hate on the last 2 episodes. You people are taking things too far. It's simply Shinji finding himself after the crap-ton of trauma he experienced battling the Angels.

To clear up any confusion about the movies, here's an explanation:

• Death and Rebirth contains two parts - Death and Rebirth (duh).
  • Death is simply a bunch of cut-out scenes edited together (which can also be found on the Director Cut versions of the DVD).
  • Rebirth is simply the first half of The End of Evangelion.
  • The End of Evangelion replaces the final two original episodes with it's own two episodes (the first episode found at the "Rebirth" part of D&R)

Watching the End of Evangelion really made me appreciate the original last two episodes. In the End of Evangelion, Shinji is still going through all of this mental stress and trauma - something that was fixed through inner-reflection in the original ending. Which of the two endings you pick is up to you.
Post by milsvaard (6 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I think the whole story is just a big mess, I couldnt figure out what was going on half the time. The only thing that made sense was....  wow, I cant think of something that made sense.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel