The Top Three Greatest Anime Theme Songs of All Time! - - THE VICE PIT

Topic started by No_name_here on Aug. 19, 2012. Last post by Daroki 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (854 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

Other Vice Pit sessions on...

• DIGIMON - A Harmless or Harmful Escape?
  • Manga vs. American Comics
  • The Most Epic Anime Deaths of All Time!
  • Your Most Hated Anime Tropes!
  • Are Miyazaki Movies Unwise to Introduce Anime?
  • When You're Embarrassed to Like Anime?
  • Why is AKIRA Still Popular?
  • TIGER & BUNNY: The Next Big Thing in Anime?
  • Dub Vs. Sub
  • KIDS ON THE SLOPE
  • YU YU HAKUSHO
  • Comic Con / Anime Expo 2012
  • CAT PLANET CUTIES
  • Toonami / FUJIKO MINE
  • DRAGON AGE
  • Compare the Real Folk Blues Man's interpretations to the songs' original performances...

Be sure to submit questions and topics for a future Vice Pit session here. We will answer them!

Tom Pinchuk’s a writer and personality with a large number of comics, videos and features like this to his credit. Visit his website - - tompinchuk.com - - and follow his Twitter: @tompinchuk

Sam Weller is a writer and actor who's scribed for shows like FIRST EDITION, GEEK THERAPY, and most recently BATGIRL: SPOILED. He also really likes anime. To know what is going to happen next, follow@cravesam

Alexei Bochenek is a lifelong tech nerd and film buff based in Los Angeles. He writes for various online publications and edits the Los Angeles events website LALookout.com. Follow his Twitter: @alexeigb.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

You had me shedding tears at the cover of No Need For Promise. Totally not lying.

Post by samweller999 (69 posts) See mini bio Level 9
    Staff

@Turambar: Thanks! I'll spread that along to the Real Folk Blues Man. He takes pride in moving people to tears.

Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24
    Online Now

Tom, I'll assume that you've learned a valuable lesson about wearing stripped shirts on video.

Cool vid. Funny stuff. I was wonder when the loopy music dude would come back and I really liked how he was kicking ass with that one handed keyboard mastery.

My mind has drawn a blank on anime themes that I like but one that I'll never forget is the following one from Naruto. I had this set as my wake up alarm for a few months and it always got me in the mood to take on the day. I had memorized the name of the group and had their album for a while and used to play it as well as Ashley Simpson's first CD all the time.

Post by Top8cat (71 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I'd like to nominate the ending theme to Rurouni Kenshin. No matter what you've thought of that show you gotta admit that that ending theme had heart......Heart of Sword that is!

Also, A billion points for the Berserk theme nomination!

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20

The Real Folk Blues was the best hands down, especially listening to the full version, awesome song, the worst, on the other hand is the English version of the Deadman Wonderland theme, good lord, that had like 0 writing effort put in.

Post by asian_pride (168 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Ha, funny stuff guys. And great choices for theme songs as well! Totally agree on No Need for Promises. I don't remember much about Escaflowne, but it's that awesome theme that I remember most from that point in my childhood. Cruel Angel's Thesis is a great song, but unfortunately, it's not one of my favorites. Real Folk Blues is definitely on my top 5.

I don't really have a top 5 songs or anything, but I can think of a few:

Post by CallmeBrent (98 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Little Kuriboh delivers the ultimate theme song.

Thank you, Evangelion! :)

Post by TopHaZZard (8 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Kinda wish I started watching these Vice Pit vids earlier.

Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7

<3 ahhhhh 
    Post by Username_Undefined (89 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@EganTheVile1: Are you talking about One Reason? That was the Japanese opening. I was really surprised when I was watching Wonderland when it first came out. All they did for the Toonami run was cut down a 4:30 song from a 1:30 opening to a :30 one

Staff

@TopHaZZard: No reason why you can't catch up now my man! Ask a question in the thread, or provoke us on twitter. Anything you want to see more or less of?

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Username_Undefined said:

@EganTheVile1: Are you talking about One Reason? That was the Japanese opening. I was really surprised when I was watching Wonderland when it first came out. All they did for the Toonami run was cut down a 4:30 song from a 1:30 opening to a :30 one

I was talking about the 30 second English language Deadman theme that I can not believe some hack band got paid for, and continues to get paid for, geeez, I am glad I never judge an anime based on it's opening theme otherwise I might have turned away from DW based on that mess. But if your saying a longer, and better version exists, I may hold my judgement until I hear that version.

Post by unkle_matt85 (16 posts) See mini bio Level 6

This an easy answer to this question, the best ones are none of those The Vice Pit said. Some of the best ones are:

Inner Universe - Ghost in a Shell

Christmas in the Silent Forest - Ghost in a Shell

Crazy 4 U - Gilgamesh

Drivin Through the Night - Ikki Tousen

Afro Gunsou - Keroro Gunsou

Unlimited - Samurai 7

Song of Sora - Vision of Escaflowne

Post by sonicnevets (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

I would go with either Tank from Cowboy Bepop or Just Communication from Mobile Suit: Gundam Wing.

Also I would vote for Brilliant World but it's not an anime opening but a game opening from Luminous Arc.

Staff

@unkle_matt85: The singer of the Gilgamesh ENDING theme is pretty awesome if you look up some of her other work.

Yuko Ando

Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24
    Online Now

@The Stegman said:

<3 ahhhhh

That's definitely one of my favorites. I think it better captures the series and even though I don't like metal, I think it's a significantly better song than the original opening.

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I've made a couple of lists covering this subject and while I know for argument sake in this thread, our opinions don't matter I feel I must mention "Motteke! Sailor Fuku" from Lucky Star. It's infectiously upbeat and irresistible.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

This is one of my favorite openings. Rainbow is a great series that FUNi has yet to dub and release.

Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I like Origa's opening for Ghost in the Shell: SAC, but the one for Second Gig, Rise, is even better.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel