So, I watched End of Evangelion...

Topic started by SamJaz on July 26, 2010. Last post by Sonata 6 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by SamJaz (12,793 posts) See mini bio Level 20
What's all the talk about no-one getting it? I watched it, it's about quarter to midnight, and it makes perfect sense in my mind.

Anyone who didn't get it?
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

What makes perfect sense to me is describing Evangelion like this: shit's fucked up.

@sotyfan16:  Yes. Yes it was. Yet I understood it.
@SamJaz:
I liked End of Evangelion better than the original ending as it brought a semblance of an ending. My first time watching the series was when Tom was writing about it and I prob won't watch it again. It's excellent when it comes to analyzing all the details but for me Evangelion is not the super awesome end-all-beat-all that much of the anime community proclaims. Watching the show made me want to kill myself.
@sotyfan16: Whoa, that bad?
I found episodes 3-20 to be absolutely hilarious, and it was good, but I have seen better.
For me, Black Lagoon, FMA Brotherhood, and HIghschool of the Dead are the best anime that I can remember.
Mind you, I want to see a Veritas and The Breaker anime, but since they're manwha...

@SamJaz:
The series was depressing. Giving the thoughts of no hope and what not along with Shinji being a pussy and lots of bitching going on.There were some funny parts for me, too, and I wanted Shinji to hook up with the slut but got disappointed as their kiss wasn't hardly shown. Black Lagoon is def a favorite of mine along with Tenchi Muyo!, Ah! My Goddess, and Code Geass.

Well, you say depressing, but I did a 108 chapter fanfiction on Persona 3, made the main guy more gar than Kamina, more powerful that Simon, and the ending was even more depressing than the original games. I'm pretty used to supernatural/psychological depressing. 
Code Geass was also brilliant. I wanted to watch Tenchi Muyo, but there was the thing with the canon and not knowing which to watch.
Ranma 1/2 was actually my gateway anime, now that I remember. Rurouni Kenshin was my gateway manga.
Post by TriforceF (105 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I can't say I didn't understand End of Evangelion but I bet I missed heaps of stuff. Like all of Evangelion so much hidden meaning etc X D  Although I do agree watching Evangelion can be depressing however nowadays watching it actually cheers me up. Yes granted all this bad stuff happens but the ending can be seen as happy (kinda). 
Post by LHWKnight (2,735 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I find the end of eva to be exactly what I needed, even though it wasn't what I was expecting

@LHWKnight: Wow, I forgot I wrote this.

Post by LHWKnight (2,735 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SamJaz: lmao it's been a long time from what i can see.

Post by Sonata (35,402 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Talk about a necro lol.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel