Time Skip In Naruto (again)

Topic started by Little_Sparrow on Feb. 12, 2010. Last post by ProfessionalWrestlingKage 4 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Well there is a rumour floating around the Naruto world that we could be in store for another time skip. Is this what we as fans want and if so, what do you think the outcome will be. I personally think that it won't happen there is to much going on in the Naruto world for this to happen, but then again it is highly possible in the next few issues we will see events reach a climax and bam off into the future we go. I know this may sound evil but I actually want to seek Sakura die, she just annoys me now, her part has been played and we should all move on from her. But then thats just me. So how far do you think we will jump and do you think that this rumour is possible!

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Little_Sparrow: I'd be highly disappointed if a time skip occurs right now, there is a lot happening right now in Naruto and those events are reaching an important point, I'm not so sure a time skip is the best way to go right now but maybe thats just me. As for your desire to see Sakura die, I can't help but feel the same way, I despise her character quite a lot and after reading the last issue where she claims she has left Konohagakure to join Sasuke (though it could be a plan to gain Sasuke's trust then kill him when he is off-guard) I despised her even more, its possible that she is simply thinking of gaining Sasuke's trust then killing him when he is off-guard because it would be suicide to fight Sasuke in a straight battle however it could simply be that she wants to be with him. I personally never liked her character, to me she hasn't really evolved much.  

ND
@Newdeath said:
" @Little_Sparrow: I'd be highly disappointed if a time skip occurs right now, there is a lot happening right now in Naruto and those events are reaching an important point, I'm not so sure a time skip is the best way to go right now but maybe thats just me. As for your desire to see Sakura die, I can't help but feel the same way, I despise her character quite a lot and after reading the last issue where she claims she has left Konohagakure to join Sasuke (though it could be a plan to gain Sasuke's trust then kill him when he is off-guard) I despised her even more, its possible that she is simply thinking of gaining Sasuke's trust then killing him when he is off-guard because it would be suicide to fight Sasuke in a straight battle however it could simply be that she wants to be with him. I personally never liked her character, to me she hasn't really evolved much.   ND "
I totally agree, a time skip would be a bad idea but I have heard that it maybe on the cards. I think it was more the "I love you Naruto" thing that annoyed me the most. Out of all the Naruto characters I have to say she is the one I could not care what happened to her at all. But if there was a time skip I wonder where they would take it, maybe to the start of the war! but I am much like you where I would dread for this to happen.
Post by willyvereb (5,939 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I doubt a timeskip would happen anytime soon. And about Sakura: she's idiotic and clever at the same time. I think she's serious about joining to Sasuke. She thinks she can heal Sasuke's wounds not only physically, but mentally. Also she's a quite good plot device now to keep Karin alive. I know she played most of her role but I think if Karin dies it makes Sasuke a villain of no return.

I personally like the idea of Sakura joining Sasuke. It has much potential even if it's a bad thing to do. Also I can't wait to see Naruto's "WTF?" expression when he sees that.:p

But if we really face a timeskip like before then it's going to happen after a Naruto vs Sasuke duel like the previous one. Sakura heals Sasuke up and they duel with this time Naruto winning but being unable to take Sasuke as Madara interrupts their fight.

But I doubt it. Only two tailed beasts are remaining and I can't imagine Madara sitting around and waiting in this situation. Perhaps if Sasuke gets a serious scar and it's too hard to heal then...
@willyvereb: Naruto will certainly be pissed if Sakura seriously joins Sasuke.  

ND
@Newdeath: Otherwise there would be no chance in hell for Naruto being serious against Sasuke, isn't it?:p
@willyvereb: Indeed. 

ND
@Newdeath:
Not only that. It also aids the slight Hinata shipper inside me.:p

Without Sakura around and Hinata finally confessing things are looking much better for her.:p

EDIT: Do you read Negima? It has Nodoka a character with few similarities to Hinata. She isn't the main heroine of the story but currently she has quite a chance of ending up with the protagonist. Maybe that kind of miracle can happen with Hinata too.;)
@willyvereb: It would indeed. I simply dislike the possibility that Sakura might have genuinely joined Sasuke after being trained under Tsunade and everything else and then shrug it all off is beyond me.

ND
@Newdeath: Actually I think she can work as a brake for Sasuke. Not a strong break but a functioning one. Also she might be able to backstab him if he goes a way too out of control.
In a somehow interesting way she's protecting Kotonoha and also saving Sasuke.
Perhaps it's far from the best possible method.:p
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Shesh, this is why I just depend on you guys to tell me what happens in Naruto. I'm interested enough to know, but not enough to put up with it on a week to week grind, stretched out to oblivion.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Are there any sources or links about the new time skip?
@JJOR64 said:
" Are there any sources or links about the new time skip? "
Trying to find some behind the rumours but at the moment that is all it is...
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Little_Sparrow said:
" @JJOR64 said:
" Are there any sources or links about the new time skip? "
Trying to find some behind the rumours but at the moment that is all it is... "
Alright.

As of now, I don't believe it.  The series really doesn't need to.  If they do, the the series is going to last another 349573497 years, like One Piece.
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I any time-skip happened I think the majority of Naruto fans would be displeased. The skip would be irrelevant and idiotic; Naruto doesn't have anything time-consuming to learn, important loose ends can't be ignored, and if something needs to happen it can happen right now instead of in a few years.
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

STILL waiting for the battle with pain!! in the next week or 2 it "might" be on naruto.com???
Post by Jason_Bourne (2 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I'm going to try and list off the things that need to be finished before we can even think of a time skip:
-Orochimaru joining with his assistant (forget his name) we saw him briefly and when Naruto released the fox during the pain fight it seemed as if Yamato was searching for him.
-Sasuke seems to be at the point of no return, he has gone too far, so he either has some marvelous turnaround and joins the viiliage again (this may be possible, when/if Madara attacks the villiage, Sasuke may have some revelation) or he needs to die.
-Naruto needs to respond to Hinata's confession, this may be a thing where Naruto takes it the wrong way and Hinata plays along, or they start dating or whatever, but i feel it just wouldnt work.
-The ninga war with Madara obviously.

I could go on for much longer but i think you get the point that there wont be a time skip anytime soon. The Sasuke/war part could be held off for a time skip. i would eventually , like to see a time skip, but i dont want that for a long time.
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
A timeskip would make sence, and i hope they do it at the right time, because its impossible for anyone to even fight on level with Madara at this point.
Post by sasuke0447 (174 posts) See mini bio Level 8

there may be a time skip but not anytime soon for sure there is just too much happening in naruto right now so i doubt it would be anytime soon if there is i wonder how powerful they will be in the future
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,296 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Jason_Bourne:  orochimaru's assistant is Kabuto.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel