Naruto + Monster Hunter = Naruto Shippuden: Kizuna Drive

Topic started by GodLen on April 13, 2010. Last post by cfatalis 4 years, 3 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

I don’t know if you all have been living in a cave or anything, but Monster Hunter is pretty damn popular in Japan right now. So popular that other franchises are appearing using its game mechanics, like Naruto for example. Monster Hunter is a cooperative third-person action game where players must work together to bring down giant monsters, and then get better weapons to take down even bigger monsters. Naruto Shippuden: Kizuna Drive for the PSP will give players the opportunity to go on missions using player created four-man teams.

Monsters in Naruto are few and far between, so from the looks of it most of these enemies the player will be facing will be other ninjas. However, there are the Bijuu, which are in fact giant monsters, the perfect candidates for boss characters. This game will be released in Japan this July, with no word yet for a US release.

[Via Japanator]  

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@GodLen: due to you having superpowered technique, and a quite high defense, it won't be MH
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
If I want a game like this, I think I would get Monster Hunter instead.  No thanks.
@JJOR64 said:
" If I want a game like this, I think I would get Monster Hunter instead.  No thanks. "
or god eater
Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24
This could be cool.  A lot of the Naruto fights are a group of people teaming up to take down one or two enemies using strategy.  If you can run around with a squad of 4 real people that'd be a lot close to how the anime/manga actually is.
Post by TheWorstUserEver (9 posts) See mini bio Level 4

DUDE WHY THE F3CK ARE THEY STILL MAKING NARUTO GAMES, SERIOUSLY, NARUTO IS HORRIBLE.
Staff
@TheWorstUserEver: because it prints money.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@GodLen:  No use quoting him, 3 weeks ago he was a jerk who only came online to talk bad about the site and its users. Who just now  made a new account and i thought i gave him a second chance but 9 posts in he fell back to his old scheme again. so i banned him.
Staff
@Kelleth: hmmm a member of the hidden troll of the mists clan ehhh...
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@GodLen:  Meh i wouldn`t call him a troll, he`s more sad actually because he needs to talk badly about us and our hobbies to feel better. He makes me think he`s a very successful football jock who has nothing better to do because he doesn`t like sports that much and has a sketchy relationship with his girlfriend so he has no hobbies, pretty sad ain`t it :( I think right now he`s dissing CV or GB just to get a high. T_T
Post by Konanda (796 posts) See mini bio Level 17

So Monster Hunter seems to be popping up everywhere. It's in Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker now as well.

Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Man I wish they made a one piece version where you hunt Sea Kings
@Nerx said:
" Man I wish they made a one piece version where you hunt Sea Kings "
right it would have the very same problem with this one
@cfatalis: oh yeah , too damn easy ... hmm, why not as the normal marines then
@Nerx: not it's called to damn hard
@cfatalis: I thought the fruits would even things out
@Nerx: and again it's too damn easy

shonen shows would never fit in MH
@cfatalis: WBT seinen like Gantz?
@Nerx: actually gantz is mh
 and they already made gantz game

large powerfull target ? check
comparatively weak player? check 
medium-high not fake difficulty? check
high ammout of weapon? check
weapon and not level as a reward? check
@cfatalis: Have you played it?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel