Manga Going Down Hill...

Topic started by pwnmaster3001 on Dec. 24, 2008. Last post by lordhaseo 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by pwnmaster3001 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Is it me or the manga series feels like its being rushed, the quailty is going down, and the author is going on a killing spree just to make it seem interesting? i am a nartuo fanboy but there is a line and the author is trying to blow up that line...
Post by DocHaus (935 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Naruto is going through its own "DBZ syndrome" phase, where the battles are simply stretched through multiple volumes and all sorts of characters "discovering" new powerful techniques because the writer has pretty much run out of ideas. There's never an actual ceiling to the amount of power that can be expended in a battle in Naruto, thus leaving the door open for various deus ex machina to appear whenever the creators need to justify another paycheck. Of course, I could get into the whole "They're not actually ninjas! They don't bother using stealth!" argument, but that's a topic for another time.
Post by lycan1781 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Okay, in defense, Naruto does have new skills, so let him exhaust them, plus Pain is full of more random surprises, so for now it is not a boring old idea, it is just that if it continues for another 40 + chapters, then it is bad. 
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
DocHaus said:
"Naruto is going through its own "DBZ syndrome" phase, where the battles are simply stretched through multiple volumes and all sorts of characters "discovering" new powerful techniques because the writer has pretty much run out of ideas. There's never an actual ceiling to the amount of power that can be expended in a battle in Naruto, thus leaving the door open for various deus ex machina to appear whenever the creators need to justify another paycheck. Of course, I could get into the whole "They're not actually ninjas! They don't bother using stealth!" argument, but that's a topic for another time."
Goin down the $h!thole i heard theyre keeping it up 4 2 yrs
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I don't think so, I hate that they are killing the character but remember that the story is about Naruto and not everything can be perfect, where is the fun in that?

There have been great ninjas already and all, this is a story that is develop in the middle of an old story. Minato was the strongest Ninja and he died! Jiraiya is practically the older version of Naruto but with a pervy twist and guess what, he died even if he was strong as a Hokage. If he, a sanin, died by the hand of pain, I wouldn't be surprise of how many others might die.

I don't know how to explain this but in a way I hate it, but at the same time I think the idea is awesome. Because DBZ dying was nothing! They even committed kamikaze and everything, like death was nothing. Here even over the jutsu and all the fantasy, STILL there is some realism, people can just die all the sudden, like in real life.

I think the story behind Pain is awesome :)

I hated Jiraiya dying and now apparently also Kakashi, but still is I guess is all part of the story and I think is interesting to see how they develop further the characters :)

Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
The only thing i dont like is that the focus keeps going from one character to another but i kind of expected that with Pein's invasion. Recently the chapters have slowed down which i like its not as hectic.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Prick killed Hinata, Nagato was a good twist though... wonder how he fights H2H
Nerx said:
"Prick killed Hinata, Nagato was a good twist though... wonder how he fights H2H
"
Hinata is not dead, it would be stupid if she did die.
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Nerx said:
"Prick killed Hinata, Nagato was a good twist though... wonder how he fights H2H
"
I swear If she's dead I'm learning Japanese and send hate mail to Masashi Kishimoto,  I'll write his name and spit on the note :p

But no, she is alive, just badly hurt.

Hinata cant die she ROCKS
Post by Suigetsu (17 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I agree that the manga kinda feeled rushed for a moment. And some people belive that it is going to end very soon. Some give it 3 years or sumethin.
But again it aint goin down hill.

Wanna know whats downhill? Bleach.
I agree that it is rushed but the last few chapters haven't been rushed compared to the other ones during Pein's invasion.

Now i disagree Bleach is great at the moment.
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
go to -LINK REMOVED-* to see every shippuuden manga!!

EDIT: We don't allow posting links to scanlations sites so I'll have to remove the link. -RedRoses
Post by Suigetsu (17 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Acer said:
Now i disagree Bleach is great at the moment."
Are you kidding me?
The current arc its a remake of the last one.
There has been mostly just fodder battles that have ended up in pointless conclusions.
Ichigo just gets gettin pwned.
Too much pannels are waisted in pointles plotless battles.

I could go on but seriously its not worth the time.
it wasent a link redroses it was telling about the website!
lordhaseo said:
"it wasent a link redroses it was telling about the website!"
In your original post when you hovered over it were you able to click on it so it would take you to the website?

@Suigetsu: Your opinion man, totally respect it.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
lordhaseo said:
Posting the URL versus actual linking is pretty much the same thing. We don't condone visiting scanlation websites.

RedRoses said:

"lordhaseo said:
Posting the URL versus actual linking is pretty much the same thing. We don't condone visiting scanlation websites.
"

o so i cant tell the website on here!?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel