How high would you rate Itachi

Topic started by TheSaiyanGod on July 28, 2011. Last post by TheSaiyanGod 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by TheSaiyanGod (102 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Well I know that this has been done already but in wake of the new chapter I had to do this. So how high would you rate Itachi in the tiers. 

Well at the current moment Itachi and Nagato are fighting Naruto and Killer Bee (who are both top tiers) and here are a few scans of Itachi fighting 

Here we see that Itachi is keeping up with Naruto blow for blow, who we thought a little while back was massively faster than Itachi. 
Here we see that Itachi dodged Naruto and Bee's attack at the same time. Comeon that's gotta be impressive. 
Here it seems that Itachi was caught by Bee with his eight tails tentacle but it was actually 

An illusion or in other words a genjutsu. Now it also proves one fact. The notion that perfect jinchuuriki's are immune to genjutsu is false. They are not immune. They can fall for a genjutsu even if it is for a small amount of time. And here it took Bee five panels to break free of the genjutsu, which would be atleast five seconds in real time, which is way too much time for Tsukuyomi which is almost instantaneous. Even Naruto agrees with the fact that if Bee falls for Tsukuyomi or Amaterasu, he will be finished. 
 And don't forget that this is the sick and nearly blind version of Itachi. If you don't agree with that could you just explain to me why Nagato was revived as a cripple??? 

I know that the real battle hasn't begun yet, but still based on the current facts how high would you rate him.  
Peace out!!!
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@TheSaiyanGod: What is the rating scale ?

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,320 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I think Itachi is below top tier.
Post by sickVisionz (4,223 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I don't think Naruto is fighting anywhere near his top level. Naruto is trying to hold a conversation with him, which to me would suggest that he's not looking to go all out and defeat him yet. If there was any assumption to be made to me it'd be that he's holding back so that he doesn't kill him before he gets his questions answered or says what he wants to say.

Post by NakAttack (33 posts) See mini bio Level 10
He is pretty high, his eyes are red and everything.
@Fire Star said: 

@TheSaiyanGod: What is the rating scale ?

Rate him as in a scale between 1 to 10 (or in tiers as you see fit) but please mention the reasons behind your ratings.@MrASSH0LE said: 
 I think Itachi is below top tier.
Please explain your point of view. 
@sickVisionz said: 

I don't think Naruto is fighting anywhere near his top level. Naruto is trying to hold a conversation with him, which to me would suggest that he's not looking to go all out and defeat him yet. If there was any assumption to be made to me it'd be that he's holding back so that he doesn't kill him before he gets his questions answered or says what he wants to say.

Yeah I know Naruto is holding back. But don't take away the fact that both Itachi and Nagato haven't shown their full strength yet either. It is just like the beginning of the Goku vs Frieza battle. Both parties are checking each other out. 
@nk19
 said: 
 He is pretty high, his eyes are red and everything.
LOL!!!
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,320 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@TheSaiyanGod
He is just below top tier.
In my opinion current top tier would be.
Madara
Naruto
Killer Bee
Sasuke
Pain

Itachi can beat no one in there but he kills everybody below him.
@MrASSH0LE said:

@TheSaiyanGod:  He is just below top tier. In my opinion current top tier would be. Madara Naruto Killer Bee Sasuke Pain  Itachi can beat no one in there but he kills everybody below him.

Well I agree with that he can't beat Madara and Sasuke. Madara because he has a space time jutsu that I currently see no counter for and Sasuke because Sasuke has both his and Itachi's power, Sasuke said it himself. As for Killer Bee, well we did see Itachi put a momentary genjutsu on Killer Bee and it took a few seconds for him to break out of it. Now that is more than enough time for Tsukuyomi to take effect. So this is debatable. 

About the Pain matter. Well there is a thread about it. If you want you can check it out. 
http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/itachi-vs-pain/327432/ 

About Naruto. Well Itachi did give him a power to counter the Mangekyou Sharingan. So I guess I agree with that. 

So I guess what you are saying that Itachi just falls short of top tier. But he is stronger than all the other ninja's that you didn't mention in your post (which is quite a lot). So I guess you are saying that Itachi is in some sort of a low top tier spot.

@TheSaiyanGod said:

@MrASSH0LE said:

Well I agree with that he can't beat Madara and Sasuke. Madara because he has a space time jutsu that I currently see no counter for.

It should be noted that despite this and every other power that he has, Madara's only legacy in the series is getting his butt kicked over and over again all throughout time... and sometimes the fights only lasted seconds, even though they were against opponents who knew nothing of his abilities (4th vs Madara). The only people they've shown him beat are kid ninjas and Danzo's sorry ass homeboys who got tricked by the Mizukage and her cronies.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,711 posts) See mini bio Level 20
He's a boss.  

I don't think Naruto is fighting all out yet, but its not like Itachi is pulling out Susano and his other beast techniques either. 
@sickVisionz said: 

@TheSaiyanGod said:

@MrASSH0LE said:

Well I agree with that he can't beat Madara and Sasuke. Madara because he has a space time jutsu that I currently see no counter for.

It should be noted that despite this and every other power that he has, Madara's only legacy in the series is getting his butt kicked over and over again all throughout time... and sometimes the fights only lasted seconds, even though they were against opponents who knew nothing of his abilities (4th vs Madara). The only people they've shown him beat are kid ninjas and Danzo's sorry ass homeboys who got tricked by the Mizukage and her cronies.

Well the only people who actually beat Madara were Hashirama and Minato ( who I think can solo 95% of the entire Narutoverse if they wanted to). Well in case of Minato it was more of a tactical retreat from Madara. I mean Minato knew he couldn't actually kill Madara didn't he? That's why he sealed half of the Kyuubi's powers into Naruto (I am not taking anything away from Minato here).  

He knew that Madara would cause great turmoil  in the shinobi world and I believe if he knew how to kill him, he would have. And I don't think Madara is foolish enough to be hit with the same move twice. 

I believe many people can kill Madara if they knew his secrets. He did say that if he hadn't kept secrets from Itachi, he would have died. 
@hitsusatsu11 said:
He's a boss.   I don't think Naruto is fighting all out yet, but its not like Itachi is pulling out Susano and his other beast techniques either. 
That's right. And I know that know none has gone all out yet. Oh its nice to see you again Hitsusatsu11.
If I had to bet on a hypothetical Naruto tier list, it would read something like: 

Rikudo Senin 
Madara 
New Naruto 
New Sasuke 
Minato 
Itachi 
Muu
Tsuchikage 
Raikage
Wow the new chapter took Itachi to a new level. Just like Kabuto said "Uchiha Itachi...... he is clearly on another level to the others."

@TheSaiyanGod: Minato made him eat a rasengan to the back and then Madara ran away. Madara pulled a tactical retreat in that situation. The only thing that makes him hard to kill is that he teleports away before death. That's his legacy. Not beating people all throughout Naruto history, but getting his butt kicked and running off for a few dozen years until he can come back and repeat the process.

Teleportation, intangibility, greatly enhanced perception, and all of the other sharingan powers that make them crazy stupid overpowered have failed him time and time again against non-scrub level fighters. It's funny how he's supposedly so strong but all they ever show of him in the manga and anime is him beating scrubs or getting his butt royally kicked by high level opponents.

@sickVisionz: When has Madara ever lost a fight on panel? Who died as a result of his confrontation with Yondaime? Not Madara but Minato. We haven't seen Madara use any sharingan/MS/EMS techniques except for his space/time ninjutsu and inzangi. I think its fairly obvious that 6POP Madara is the strongest fighter in the current Narutoverse. 

@hitsusatsu11: His fight against Minato is one that he lost in panel. He ate a rasengan to the back and then fled while Minato went to take care of the Kyuubi.

It's obvious that he's the strongest because of plot. It terms of feats he's just a guy that's gets beaten up all throughout history.

@sickVisionz: He didn't really lose, more of a stalemate. Madara was there to accomplish a goal not go  go mano a mano with the Yellow Flash, and Minato was the one who lost his life in the end. Even if Minato could put Madara down clean at that point, Minato was arguably the strongest character seen, and Madara has gotten a massive upgrade since them. 

@hitsusatsu11: How was it a stalemate? He challenged Minato to combat and ate a rasengan to the back a minute later and had to retreat, allowing Minato to deal with the Kyuubi and prevent the destruction of the village. He's gotten massive upgrades but all his powers ever did were get him defeated in every fight that mattered. He's strong in plot because he's Madara, the ultimate baddie but what are his real feats in the series? Beating up some kid ninjas? Defeating Danzo's goons who couldn't even beat the Mizukage's cronies? Outside of brain washing the Mizukage (which helped him assemble of team of people who either quit on him, blew him in half, or got beaten up and killed by children.. ie things that are more fail than impressive), he's hasn't really done anything to live up to the legend.

@sickVisionz said:

his powers ever did were get him defeated in every fight that mattered. 

Seems like the ONLY fight that he was "defeated" in on panel was the fight with Minato, and again Madara LIVED while Minato DIED. Never mind the fact that Minato is probably the strongest character to date.  

He's strong in plot because he's Madara

Right, what would his opponents counter to his EMS jutsu be? Hell what would the counter to his regular MS jutsu's be? (granted he doesn't use them) What would the counter to his new 6POP be?   

Every time kakashi, Naruto, Yammato, ect. try and take him on they are utterly useless.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Madara is one of the most lamest villains (Kabuto is a close second) I have ever seen

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel