AV MOD MATERIAL: Weekly NARUTO - Chapter #604

Topic started by No_name_here on Oct. 4, 2012. Last post by sickVisionz 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

Naruto #604 - Meet again, and then...

In a Nutshell

In the real world, raging hormones would make you awkwardly cop-a-feel. In Naruto, it results in an accidental chidori to the chest.
In the real world, raging hormones would make you awkwardly cop-a-feel. In Naruto, it results in an accidental chidori to the chest.

Continuing with last week's flashback, Obito rushes out to rescue Kakashi and Rin only to find Kakashi with his hand under her blouse... and through her chest.

High Points

• I didn't expect Rin to have died literally at Kakashi's hand.

Low Points

• The ride up to here shouldn't have been more tense than it was.

Rants and Raves

My biggest complaint was a lack of tension. I'm heavily invested in the Naruto world and its lore at this point and Obito's frantic journey through the woods in the midst of his friends impending deaths should have been incredibly tense, but it just wasn't for me. I don't know if it was bland writing, bland translation, or simply because Rin was never really developed so her death is essentially that of some random shinobi, but I couldn't muster up enough concern to get as excited by this as I would have liked to have been.

Grade

B. Despite not being on the edge of my seat the entire time, I did enjoy this chapter overall. The idea that Kakashi and Obito can share vision when one of them is under emotional duress is interesting, although it seems like it's a one way street as only Obito has experienced this, and despite a lack of tenseness, I'm excited to see what happens next week when more details about the situation are revealed.

William Taylor slavishly had to pull himself away from School Days HQ to make sure this review came out in the week that the chapter was released... and now it's back to more ecchi melodrama! Find out more via Twitter @mrsickvisionz.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,283 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

I hear that joke already

Anyway, I think the chapter was good. It explain a lot

Post by Lurkero (410 posts) See mini bio Level 7

That escalated quickly.

Did not expect Kakashi to be the one to do that, but it still does not justify Obito wanting to destroy the world over it.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I was a bit surprised to see Kakashi killing Rin.... maybe it was an accident? an illusion? still, it sucks, I wanted to know more about Rin rather than just a Mcguffin for Obito's rage.

Post by CerberusPrime3k (299 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Could be a genjutsu for all we know Grampa Madara did make direct eye contact with Obito for a good minute or so emphasizing on him thanking him and coming back.

I can picture obito not even leaving the cave laying there right where he stood foaming at the mouth from the sheer mind rape of him seeing Kakashi killing Rin....but hey I'm cool with the whole Kakashi killing Rin thing but should that really incite global takeover? How old is the kid like 13 or something? there should be more to this than that...we'll see...

Post by Om1kron (143 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@CerberusPrime3k said:

Could be a genjutsu for all we know Grampa Madara did make direct eye contact with Obito for a good minute or so emphasizing on him thanking him and coming back.

I don't think so, Madera called it and knew something was up. And the look on Kakashi's face when the subject is brought up after the big reveal obviously gave away that something like this was going to happen. I'm already calling that she was a spy, not that I care if I'm right or I'm wrong but she's probably the reason why Obito ended up dying in the first place since she was off on her own and Kakashi and Obito had to go back to save her. How do they know she wasn't trading information with those ninja's Obito ended up killing.

Of course something corny is going to happen like Obito didn't get the whole story, jumped the gun, let love and hate get in the way, eventually will do the right thing, and then we can focus on the bro love between sauske and naruto like everyone wants.

Post by takashichea (12,378 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I felt the scene where Obito was running through the woods was poorly done. It just wasted pages. I really wanted to see Kakashi and Rin and find out what happened. Instead, it ended on a cliffhanger that provoked more questions.

I hope they give Rin's story more attention because Obito's so-called death scene was memorable. Though, it's not memorable anymore since Obito is still alive as one of the bad guys.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I think Obito knows the "real" story. If it was really that Kakashi murdered Rin straight up with no reason, I don't think he would have made the comment about making empty promises over tombstones. I think his line would have straight up been about murdering teammates or betraying trusts, etc.
Post by TheJoker1911 (14 posts) See mini bio Level 9
damn it all to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kakashi is gonna die
Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@TheJoker1911: Kakashi will not die. This is Naruto. Only Hokage/Sanin (Third, Jiraiya, Orochimaru, possibly Tsunade), nobodies (Asuma), and bad guys die. Kakashi fits neither of those. The Pain arc lets you know how reluctant the series is to kill off anyone that isn't in those categories.

Plus, I don't think Obito holds that level of a personal grudge against Kakashi. He could have killed him tons of times throughout the series but has held back. Rin is the catalyst for his descent into darkness but I really don't think he's still uber pissed at Kakashi on a personal level.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel