My Journey in to Mysterious Girlfriend X: ep 7 & 8

Topic started by metalsnakezero on May 31, 2012. Last post by Daniel_Newton 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by metalsnakezero (675 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I wont miss another post! Just don't cut me! >.<
I wont miss another post! Just don't cut me! >.<

Now that my finals are done (and filing job applications) I can get back on my thoughts on the last 2 MGX episodes. I'll be keep each thoughts short since the last 2 episodes had pretty simple main ideas (WIth Ep 8 being a little complex).

Episode 7

It's understandable that a person loves their partner enough to wanting to keep them to themselves. Obviously, Tsubaki wants to support Urabe for joining the track team and become more sociable but that means less time doing their routine which he enjoys doing with her. Urabe soon finds this out with a little help of Tsubaki's locker sticker on her leg (Very weird as usual) and a little unhappy at how Tsubaki was at first lying about supporting her, she happy enough to know that he means well. Personally, there is a limit to how selfish you can be, keeping your lover to yourself, but what matters is the understanding of it or being open about it, which is better than keep hidden.

Episode 8

This was a pretty tense episode since it involved a couple making a mistake in the relationship. Tsubaki really wants to push the relationship with Urabe faster and so when he gets the chance to feel her breast with her permission, he jumps at the chance to move it forward. However, he ends up hurting Urabe and so he feels guilty about his actions and later on wants to make up for it. By the end Urabe understand his actions while also seeing where she want wrong and are both willing to get over their problems. It is that moment that shows that their relationship will continue to the future, showing that they are willing to solve their problems no matter how bad they can get. It is that aspect of relationship building that is usually missed in most other romances.

We continue to go deep in Tsubaki's and Urabe relationship and I look forward to what the show has in store with the next episode being about a hair change.

Highlights

Is there a recipe that Oka knows that doesn't have bacon in it?
Is there a recipe that Oka knows that doesn't have bacon in it?
Been a while since I seen a meat bun breast joke
Been a while since I seen a meat bun breast joke
Interesting place to put it, Urabe
Interesting place to put it, Urabe
I can't imagine my older sister doing that
I can't imagine my older sister doing that
I wonder if she can do that with a sword?
I wonder if she can do that with a sword?
Post by takashichea (13,206 posts) See mini bio Level 25

You have such suggestive screencaps. Bravo! I wish I had time to watch this anime. Great job, MetalSnakeZero! I keep tweeting your blogs. We're bros in the weekly anime business.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20

After watching a few episodes this quickly became my favourite show this season (not that I'm watching many, admittedly). It's surprisingly good.

I like the characters in that last shot with the completely blank nametags, they're the very definition of background characters.

You can never have too much bacon.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel