My Journey in to Mysterious Girlfriend X: ep 6

Topic started by metalsnakezero on May 13, 2012. Last post by AURON570 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by metalsnakezero (666 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Something is very Haruhi about this scene
Something is very Haruhi about this scene

If you haven't already notice, I never call Urabe and Tsubaki by their first name because they never do. This is more of a Japanese customs where using the first name is somewhat of a passage of a strong bonding, either close friend or couples. with that said, the first part of the episode shows their struggle on such a simple thing. Tsubaki still doesn't have the guts to make move forward, but give him cred for him trying it while Urabe was sleeping and see a cute reaction. Also Urabe was thinking about the idea of first names when Oka brought it up, showing that Tsbaki wasn't the only one thinking about it. I like the fact that Oka really is the secret love adviser that is helping the two see where to progress their relationship.

The next part showcases the return of Tsuabki's old crush, Aika Hayakawa. We know that Tsubaki has decided to leave his past crush behind and have a relationship with Urabe when he confess to her. Now it is time to see how he feels about her now. In Tsubaki position, it must be jarring to have the girl you once had a crush on for a few years show up out of the blue and asking you out. If he didn't already have Urabe, he would have want with her offer. However, he stood his ground and polity said no to her request. The interesting part about this part is the case with Urabe feels about this. Had he did take the offer, Urabe wouldn't had taken it so well. She knows that Tsubaki is with her but the fact that when she transfered her feels of that moment to Tsubaki and it made him cry, shows that their relationship is sorta unbalance and that Tsubaki would easily leave her, but he didn't and so it makes her happy that he's sticking with her through thick and thin. What makes these scenes interesting is that it was shown in the manga much earlier (Chapter 2 I believe) but it works a lot better here as it helps shows the mind set Tsubaki is now after the development he and Urabe's relationship has gone through.

MGX continues to develop the character's relationship and also test it. While Hayakawa time in this episode was short, she has yet to leave the stage as she has more in store for our two strange lovers.

Next episode: track and field.

Highlights

Not sure which is rounder, the ice cream or her bust?
Not sure which is rounder, the ice cream or her bust?
Japanese Taste, what does it mean!?
Japanese Taste, what does it mean!?
Urabe disapproves of my jokes
Urabe disapproves of my jokes
Post by AURON570 (552 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I think Oka was a lot more playful and less invasive in this episode, which I liked a lot. I'm starting to like Urabe's stoic attitude to typical romance tropes, for example, calling each other by cute names, or faking a smile in pictures. Really makes Urabe and Tsuabki's relationship feel more genuine.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel