My Journey in to Mysterious Girlfriend X: 13

Topic started by metalsnakezero on July 26, 2012. Last post by metalsnakezero 2 years ago.
Post by metalsnakezero (666 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Sweet things must come to an end
Sweet things must come to an end

Work has held me back from finishing this post of the last episode of Mysterious Girlfriend X but I was able to get some time to finish so here are my thoughts on what is a incredible episode.

I question how much the sister knows because she wouldn't had given a story up to any stranger that easily
I question how much the sister knows because she wouldn't had given a story up to any stranger that easily

This last episode is a interesting one as it is a few chapters from the manga being shifted around but shifted in a way that it helps builds on the theme of this episode, while also ending on a very heartwarming scene that concludes this season but hints at the possibility of a sequel, if they ever green-light it. the first part focus on Tsubaki’s sister, Youko, and it about time she got some screen time. She has this look to her that she fully knows that Tsubaki is going out with someone and the revel of her past love life sorta explains how she knows. She too was in an awkward relationship with a boy and probably knows how it feels. The talk between Urabe and her was a interesting scene since it like the girlfriend meeting a family member only not actually knowing that they are a couple.

The last part of the episode was visiting the decease mother and it was a touching scene in many ways. For one it gave us a glimpse at Tsubaki’s family beside his sister. His father is still around and looking pretty old and his mother is no longer with them as they are visiting her grave. This could had been all well and done with but Urabe hears this and is interested in the fact that Tsubaki’s mother isn’t around. The best I can assume for Urabe’s reaction is that her mother has a special place in her life and was surprise to hear of Tsubaki’s decease mother. This leads to Urabe and Tsubaki visiting the grave so that Urabe can show her respect. Next thing you know, Urabe asked Tsubaki how he felt when his mother died when he was young. He doesn’t recall but a little saliva exchange helps show that he was sad when she wasn’t around. It seems like an obvious answer but I think Urabe wanted to know how it feels to lose a mother, to actually feel that feeling from the person you love. That is where the power of the drool bond comes in.

It really strange but also very touching
It really strange but also very touching

The last scene of the episode is both incredibly bizarre and wonderfully touching. It is when the two do their usually routine but then Tsubaki wants to take it to the next level by both of them exchanging their drools at the same time, almost like kissing. The scene is very weird with both of them sticking their fingers in each other months but it a interesting scene since it is almost like a kiss. The scene literally glows with heartwarming colors of pinks and light blues, showing transition in the relationship as Urabe puts it at the end of the episode.

The episode ends with a good note with Urabe declaring that their relationship is going to advice and they could also face other challenges that could put a strain as well. It was a nice gesture to end this season like this while being able to set up a season 2 if the studio is able to. The adoption of one of the most unique series in romances has been handled very well and could change the image of Hood Studio if they move away from their pretentious shows they made before. I was happy to watch this show from beginning to end and hope that a sequal would come soon.

Perfection
Perfection
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel