Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Jan. 23, 2012. Last post by Daniel_Newton 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Yep! It's a fun show anyone can enjoy
  • Nope
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Yeah, I like it. It's not something I set my clock for like Adventure Time, but I enjoy it well enough. Lauren Faust is the creator and I was a mega-fan of The Powerpuff Girls back in the day. She was a storyboardist there and is married to Craig McCracken, creator of PPG. There are some similarities between the two shows so it's fun and familiar.

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Online Now

Nope. It's probably only on cable so I can't watch it anyways. Even if it was streaming and or on network TV, it doesn't look like something I could get into unless the cuteness is for irony and the show is actually really violent and filed with crude humor.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@MrASSH0LE said:

Isn't the demographic of this site teenage boys and young adults(male)?

Yep. Which is exactly the demographic the show has become notoriously popular with on the internet. Get with the times man!

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@sickVisionz said:

...it doesn't look like something I could get into unless the cuteness is for irony and the show is actually really violent and filed with crude humor.

No, it's very much directed at young girls, but the dialogue is often witty and occasionally there are remarks that would probably go over an 8 year old's head. It's not a Panty and Stocking. In fact, I'd say it's less aggressive then PPG. Still, it's cute and positive and joyful.

Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16

No, but I do like some of the memes to come out of it, and the Winter Wrap Up.

Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Czar
Czar
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Not yet but the pony fever is catching up with me. I've decided to give it a try though.

@Destinyheroknight: @rein: @Bigheart711: @metalsnakezero: @Haofan123: @MrDirector786: @Masako_Hihashi:

Guys, I've started something special. Hope to see you all in the comments/discussion!

Post by Dr_Ventum (162 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Yes bring all your ponies to one place so that they may face my wraith!

(Never seen the show and have no inclination to do so, but broines are pretty fun to hang out with it online.)

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,173 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Newten:

I having mix feeling about this

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Nope, never watched it.

Post by AHR (115 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Staff

MLP is my favorite cartoon to come along in a long time. One of the most impressive things about it is the creativity it inspires in fans. The character design is so appealing and flexible. If you're artistically inclined, once you start watching it's hard not to give it a try.

Squeaks Overjoy, my OP. The cutie mark is an Awesome Face.
Squeaks Overjoy, my OP. The cutie mark is an Awesome Face.

@AHR: Completely agree! And I've always loved your pony pic.

You say all this though yet you haven't commented on the latest article. For shame Ana!

Saying that and haven't either. You all suck.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel