Ready for a Life-Size Gundam?

Topic started by gia on March 11, 2009. Last post by transgojobot 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

This model is not 18 meters tall.
This model is not 18 meters tall.
Fictionally speaking, the average Gundam is about 18 meters (almost 60 feet) tall. Of course, more literally, the average Gundam (by which I mean Gundam model) is 1/100 scale, making it closer to about 7” tall. The Gundam statue going up on the artificial island of Odaiba in July isn't fictional-- but it's definitely not 7” tall, either.

No, a full-size, 18-meter Gundam statue is being placed on the island to celebrate Gundam's 30 anniversary. For those of you interested in these things, it's an RX-78-2, the primary Gundam from the original series-- and the predecessor of the RX-78-7, which is being featured in the newest Gundam series, although the latest from Bandai (Japan) is that there will be no new show airing in 2009. He was responding to a question, however, of whether a new show would be announced in 2009...a dodge? We'll see-- I'm guessing we might hear some news from August's Gundam convention, Big Expo, which will also be featuring a new Gundam movie.

Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Little do people know, it will be a functional Gundam
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Niko: How'd you know!?!? At least...it will be when I'm done with it.

Who knows, maybe my full scale OZ-06MS Leo will be finished by then and we can have a showdown in Shiokaze Park...

"Hello, Expedia? I need a plane ticket to Odaiba... Ah, one way is fine.... yeah, and could you find out the cost of shipping freight over 10 tons?"
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@HYuy: I have my ways.
Post by transgojobot (122 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I'd much rather see a life-sized AV-98 Ingram! Alphonse, ftw!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel