A New Gundam Film!

Topic started by GodLen on July 7, 2009. Last post by Niko 5 years, 2 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

The good news is that there is going to be a new anime Gundam show directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino coming out this August. Bad news is that it is only a short film, and made specifically for the Gundam Big Expo, which is happening this August in celebration of the 30th anniversary. This film will be called “Ring of Gundam”, which just makes me think of the song “Ring of Fire.” I wonder if the Gundams will be holding hands and singing songs or something.

Hopefully, this short film will make its way onto DVD or make a special TV appearance after the convention. It is not the size of the Gundam film that matters, but the size of the Gundam in the short film that does.

[Via ANN]
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I don't know why, but I don't feel too concerned...

It'll probably be like those Gundam Evolve OVAs...
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I'm kind of with Heero. A short film sounds more just to show off mobile suits, which I'm fine with, but it doesn't sound like a new, epic story. Unless Tomino pulls something out of his ass to explain Char's character reversal from Zeta to CCA, I doubt I'll be too impressed.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel