Macne Nana: Not Quite Miku

Topic started by gia on March 29, 2009. Last post by _Kanashimi_Kagami_ 5 years, 3 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Everyone knows that Miku Hatsune and her team of Vocaloid2 characters-- Rin and Len Kagamine and Luka Megurine –are pretty freakin' popular. But did you know that Vocaloid2 doesn't run on the Mac? Aww, poor Mac users.

But there is hope for Apple fans who desperately want their very own voice synthesizing character. Danny Choo has spotted Macne Nana, a voice program for Macs and the name of the character whose voice it creates. I have to admit that the little beret with the 'leaf' standing out like the Apple logo is cute, and the program is a heck of a lot cheaper than the Vocaloid2 stuff (even Miku runs at over a hundred bucks)...but is Nana as cute as Miku and friends?

What do you think?

Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
wait, doesn't the Apple product need to be ultra sleek, modern or did I miss the point. Anyway, the beret is a nice touch and she rocking the Apple white with a little touch of black. I think I'm going to get kill for saying this but Mac version get the one with the largest chest.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Agent_Lost: She is lacking a bit of Apple's usual gloss, but on the chest size front-- isn't it so very fitting for an Apple product to be more about looking hot than being a decent product? (Or, for example, being even remotely proportioned?) ;)
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
gia said:
"Agent_Lost: She is lacking a bit of Apple's usual gloss, but on the chest size front-- isn't it so very fitting for an Apple product to be more about looking hot than being a decent product? (Or, for example, being even remotely proportioned?) ;)
"
Oh lawd I laughed aloud.

I don't really like her design. The Vocaloid characters look more appealing to me. Macne looks too chibified, I can't imagine deep/inspiring songs coming from a character that looks like that.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I can't foresee any voice synthesizer ever matching Miku's popularity. Ever. Not to mention the character design here sucks.
Post by Papasan (160 posts) See mini bio Level 9

The Nana character for the full version is a full-grown buxom woman, and the Nana for the Lite version is a young girl! Ooooooooh that tickles my funny bones!!!

Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
This comes across as generic anime imitation that's trying too hard to me. Once again, PC is superior, bwahahahaha!

I don't know if it's just me, but she also seems like her voice is a lot more "ting"y compared to Miku, and the overemphasis on beats is very obvious in her rendered voice by comparison to Miku's more streamlined voice.
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Doesn't look too bad. But she's no Miku of course.
Post by Dan_CiTi (17 posts) See mini bio Level 3
She's OK.
Post by _Kanashimi_Kagami_ (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Hmm. I like Macne, sure she is a little Chibi like. But people draw Miku that way too. All it takes is for someone to draw her a little more serious, and her songs could be meaningful. And, might I say without any offense to anyone, that I don't like Miku at all. I believe Miku is given a little more credit than she deserves, where all the other Vocaloids aren't given even half of that. I like Macne's voice and look. The only thing about Macne I don't like is her breasts. They need to go down a few sizes, which brings me too Macne Nana Petit. She is good too, and her voice is more mature. So meaningful songs coulld come from her, aswell. So, all in all, I believe Macne Nana should get a little more credit, and for Miku, just stay where she is.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel