La Storia della Arcana Famiglia Report - Ep. 1

Topic started by takashichea on July 7, 2012. Last post by UsachanMaN 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by takashichea (13,756 posts) See mini bio Level 25

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia Report - Ep. 1: La notte del compleanno

Welcome everyone to the first La Storia della Arcana Famiglia Weekly Report!

For those who are new to this series, I welcome y'all to try it out. It's a reverse harem series that revolves around an Italian Mafia family.

Plot: The Arcana Famigila protects Regalo Island with powers granted to them the Tarocco. At birthday party for the head of the family, “Papa” Mondo, he tells them he is thinking about retirement and the Arcana Duello will begin.

By Crunchyroll

Verdict

Good

• You got a cool Italian Mafia family who have some cool powers called Arcana. The ones who have powers have a card with an Italian name. I find it really interesting.
  • Classic Love Triangle or Rivalry: I enjoyed Libertà and Nova's rivalry and how they complement each other. Between them, they have a goal to help Felicitá gain her freedom.
  • To everyone: What was your favorite characters? - For me, I find Luca and Dante, awesome and funny characters.

Bad

• The exposition feels a little strange when the head of the Mafia decides to step down and arrange a tournament called Duello Arcana where the winner claims his daughter as his/ or her bride.
  • Plus, this anime is based on a game. For game fans, it might be bad if the anime doesn't have alternate routes, but I haven't see anime with multiple endings.
  • Hit or Miss with the Main Heroine: This is crucial for harem and reverse harem series. The main player (bad pun, I know) has to be likeable. So far, you may hate or love her. I hope she matures in this series because she needs more of a rebellious and spicy attitude. She's not a sweet girl who is going with daddy's orders to become a trophy wife.
  • Next episode seems like a filler. They're looking for a cat.

Bizarre

Weird: What if the winner is a girl? I had that question. Since it's reverse harem, you don't usually see female love interests in those harems.

Overall, this episode is good but not awesome. I'm still interested to watch and do wiki work on it. This series is for people who enjoy reverse harems or those who want to try it.

Right now, the best reverse harem shows would be Ouran High School Host Club.

Thanks

Thank you everyone for reading this weekly report. Sorry for posting this late. I'll try to get this up early. I was busy with other wiki projects. Please see July's wiki projects.

New Wiki Pages: Arcana Famiglia (concept), Regalo Island, Arcana Powers

Characters: Felicitá, Libertà, Nova, Debito, Mondo, Pace

My partner, , is going to add the rest of the new characters.

Updates: Luca, Sumire, Jolly, Dante

This Week's Ongoing Anime and Manga Coverage

Takashichea

Post by UsachanMaN (4,611 posts) See mini bio Level 15

This looks like an interesting show, I might give it a shot! :D I havent been watching much anime as of late and want to start picking up some new series! :D

*goes and watches the first episode on Crunchyroll*

:D

Watched it! It was pretty good! What really made me like it was that the main cast is voiced by the voice actors that I like! XD

Debito: Voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino (the same guy who pays Bossun from Sket Dance!!! XDDD) Its cool to hear Bossun's voice coming out him lol since their characters are totally different!

Luca: Voice by Yuuichi Nakamura (the same guy who voices Okazaki from Clannad, Gai from Guilty Crown, Ikuto from Shugo Chara....). I love his voice!!!! XDD

Pace: Voiced by Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki's voice actor, Kyon's voice actor from Haruki Suzumiya). Love his voice as well! And his sense of humor!! :D

Liberta: Voiced by Jun Fukuyama (same gy who voiced Sota from Wagnaria, Kei from S.A.).

Looking forward to continuing this show, and your reports!! :D

@UsachanMaN:

I'm so glad you enjoyed the show. I forgot about the voice actors. I'm surprised some of the Sket Dance actors are here. Where's Ryoko Shiraishi (Himeko)? Oh well.

Besides the cute boys, how do you feel about Felicita?

@takashichea:

I still havent gotten a grasp at her character yet, but I think she's a cool female lead. I think she's going to be one of those tough girls with the soft and shy side to her :D Kinda like Hime I guess :P It'll be fun to see her character development as the series progresses! :DD

@UsachanMaN:

Aw! She does remind me of Himeko.

If you want to check out the summer trailers, BigHeart711 and I prepare a list of summer anime trailers.

Raven
Raven
Luca
Luca

Did you see how Luca looks a lot like Raven of Pandora Hearts?

@takashichea: Yup! She does XD

Yea! I've been watching the trailers you guys were posting :P I'm actually working on a blog on one of the animes right now :P

Ooh! Good eye! They do look alike!! :D I find that very common in anime XD

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel